who does not speed

Or face a beating at the hands of the woolly cardigan and driving gloves brigade :LOL:

Sponsored Links
mega said:
Simply reducing speed limits isn't the answer ... Do things to prevent the accidents don't just worry about impact reduction once they have.
It's been a long thread but I don't recall any contributor arguing that 'simply reducing speed limits is the answer'. Leaving his 'boredom' tirade to one side, Mega has in his last post put some useful arguments/ideas for us to consider. He is correct in stating the blindingly obvious that it is a mixture of ideas that is needed. Maybe he will acknowledging that it is also pointless to have any rules if they are treated with the impunity with which he has openly stated he applies to speed limits per se.

We can all give a bit of that....it's called anarchy

We can all give a bit of that....it's called anarchy
Really, come on Aspley, we're talking about exceeding speed limits here ... Show a degree of perspective.

Maybe he will acknowledging that it is also pointless to have any rules if they are treated with the impunity with which he has openly stated he applies to speed limits per se.
Some people blindly follow rules throughout their lives others don't ... I fall into the latter category.

I wouldn't say I'm an anarchist though :LOL:

MW

Mega said:
Really, come on Aspley, we're talking about exceeding speed limits here ... Show a degree of perspective.

Ok...let's do just that. Let's put it into perspective and examine at what stage you fall in line with societies rules,

Do you drink and drive?
Do you pay road tax and insurance?
Do you observe traffic lights?
Do you use your mobile phone whilst driving other than hands free?
Do you pay car park fees?
do you throw rubbish out car window?

Put it into perspective then Mega! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
What I comply with isn't the issue.

There are FAR more compelling things to be worrying about at the moment than speeding motorists IMO ... That is the perspective I'm asking you to consider.

If speeding is such an issue for you tell us all what you've done about it ... Other than flapping your gums on this insignificant thread.

Answer ... Naff all I suspect.

Go and try to make a useful contribution to the things which bother you rather than wasting your time trying to convert me ... This issue IS NOT on my radar of things to worry about and nor, I suspect, will it ever be.

MW

Mega said:
If speeding is such an issue for you tell us all what you've done about it ..

Err..............have a read back on the thread
... Other than flapping your gums on this insignificant thread.
Err..........Significant enough for you to read and contribute on though.

There are FAR more compelling things to be worrying about at the moment than speeding motorists IMO ... That is the perspective I'm asking you to consider.

By that logic we would only ever worry about the snake closest to your boot.

To use your own analogy, I'm not remotely interested in the snakes which aren't close enough to bite me ... Life's too short.

I'll let people like you worry about it as you seem to like it.

MW

Do you drink and drive?
do you throw rubbish out car window?

1. Never.

2. Always.

3. Once I went through a red light. The guy behind me in the queue had got out of his car and was advancing toward me with something in his hand. I have been through ambers, but only when I considered it more dangerous to stop than to carry on. BTW, I know amber means stop just as a red light does.

4. Never - often used but always in a cradle.

5. Without fail. I even parked in my local car park today - 30p cost, but only had a 50. Paid up anyway.

6. Never. And I absolutely detest those who do.

I didn't realise he actually wanted a response ... Just thought he was being an annoying to**er ...

Oh well, here goes ...

Do you drink and drive?
Tried it once but spilt it all down my crotch so never have since.

Always, whenever the red bills arrive.

I did once for a few hours but then got bored and went back in the pub ... Same old sequence of lights, nothing interesting really.

I use my mobile phone a lot and always use my hands when I'm driving ... Wouldn't recommend driving hands-free ... VERY dangerous.

I do if they have barriers otherwise I can't get back out.

Do you throw rubbish out car window?
I tried to throw Mrs Megawatt out once when I was younger (and braver) but the window wasn't down and she bounced right back.

MW

mega wrote this on this thread on Monday.....he said:
As do you Oilman.

AtoZ nor you nor anyone else on this forum knows me from Adam

After your last post Mega I think we do know you.....I think we know you very very well and it's not nice!! :eek:

It strikes me Aspley that you seriously need to get a life ... And a sense of humour.

just come up m6 at over 70mph i was the slow one,as everyone zoomed pass me :p u will not stop it but no-one look concerned or botherd :)

Sponsored Links
Back