Why is my heating so poor?

DP: had hot water off all day with no real difference. The hot water 2 port valve was definitely shut and I am checking the valves to make sure all is as it should be. As the flow and return temps are nearly up to 30degC then I think this must indicate low flow.

Agile. The boiler size of 30kW was what the local company who did the job installed. They do have a good name locally so I really don't know what happened there. I was certainly no wiser so wouldn't have questioned it if I had been asked.

I am going to apply the settings fron snb for tomorrow.

Thank you all for your contributions.

Sponsored Links
For poor flow, when boiler fires, flow pipe under the boiler will be at temperature indicated (or close enough) by the display. A meter down stream, it will be cooler. If you can get hold of two clamp thermometers, fit one under the boiler on the flow pipe and second one about a meter downstream.

When boiler fires, observe the temperature on the two thermometers
Poor flow will be indicated by dissimilar readings

If temperatures similar, boiler diagnostics would be a starting point

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back