Why is the plumbing system the way it is here?

Most UK unvented cylinders are supplied with a 25 yr limited warranty on the shell.

The components around it normally carry a shorter warranty but the expensive bit is normally stainless and is expected to last many years.

I expect you are comparing a single coat glass lined mild steel rubbish spec unit in France.

Sponsored Links
One good reason cylinders in Spain and France are seen as throw away items is they scale up very quickly because of the hard water. parts of Spain they're lucky to get 24 months out of them.

Well, I can't find any over here

Well, import one, many do.

One good reason cylinders in Spain and France are seen as throw away items is they scale up very quickly because of the hard water. parts of Spain they're lucky to get 24 months out of them.

Well, I can't find any over here

Well, import one, many do.

have they never heard of water softeners? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A more correct answer is that we have in the UK evolved using fossil fuel to heat our hot water, initially coal and later gas.

Less well developed countries still heat water with expensive electricity!

A simple unvented electric cylinder has evolved which does a basic job but does not have the safety features we require in the UK.

Tony

ok, let's whack it back to basics. I want to be able to have two simultaneous "power" showers on full bore. No pumps wanted, what would you need? (apart from a lot of high pressure hot water!!)

A power shower by definition is a pump. A powerful shower is something else. ;)

Unvented cylinder with system boiler, and a house approx 20m below a reservoir if you insist on 60ft head (= 2bar):LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back