Wiring Siemens RDJ10RF to potterton puma 80e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you guys help me.

I brought a Siemens RDJ10RF Wireless Room Thermostat today and the guy in the DIY shop told me that it was easy to fit. I have fitted a fixed room thermostat before but the diagram was easy to read. This one has me confused. There is also 5 connections on the reciever but only 4 on the boiler.

Boiler Diagram (page 14)

http://www.acwilgar.co.uk/Boiler-Manual-PDF/Potterton/POTTERTON PUMA 80,80C,SAVER.pdf

Reciever Diagram

https://www.siemens.be/cmc/upload/c...1_Thermostats/Datasheets/N3072_RDJ10RF_EN.pdf

Please help. I have no control over my temp atm so its either on full blast or off lol. wanna get this installed asap.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't connect it to the boiler, you connect it to the wiring centre or programmer. This has cropped up in a recent thread.

This isn't easy if you don't have a basic grasp of electrics or central heating wiring.

It's a very easy job for an electrician or plumbing/heating engineer, it sounds like you'd be better off paying to have it installed.

I understand this, but I cant afford to pay for an anyone to come out and do it and I have no control over my heating at the moment. I only brought this because it was cheap and I was told it was easy to fit.

I know the L + N go to the L + N on the boiler, I just aint to sure how the other 3 connections fit. The boiler has L + Swl connectons but the receiever has LX (common) , L1 (live feed to the item to be connected) + L2 (Changeover Contact)

Am I right in thinking that LX goes to L and L2 goes to Swl? Just not too sure what the L1 goes to. Is that linked with LX per chance?

Please help. I wouldnt be on here asking for help if I could afford to pay someone to help me.

so live and neutral to the reciever then linK live to LX

then link L1 to swl in boiler

thats it 3 wire connection and your done.

Sponsored Links
so live and neutral to the reciever then linK live to LX

then link L1 to swl in boiler

thats it 3 wire connection and your done.

I thought that was what I was suppose to do. Just wasn't 100%. Thanks for the help.

Can anyone else confirm this is correct? Not that I don't trust ya dude, just don't wanna blow my house up LOL.

Repped Btw. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back