worcester 24cdi diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can a diaphram for worcester 24cdi diverter valve be fitted in situ, reading on your forum i believe this can be achieved, by using a 90 DEGREE screwdriver, will a flexible one do the same job. Does the water to water heat exchanger still require to be removed first, how dificult will it be. thanks kev.

Sponsored Links
hard one to do first time. :evil:

it can be done in situ, the plate h/e doesnt technically need to come out but you will find no real advantage in leaving it in as it always leaks afterwards. be careful when removing it as water will pour into the pcb housing, either cover it or remove the white pegs the pcb hinges on and move them up to the slots above.

by using a 90 DEGREE screwdriver, will a flexible one do the same job.

Occasionally if the screws aren't too tight, but it is difficult to crack them as your screwdriver will be at an angle with a flexi and you realy don't want to damage the heads on the back ones.

I would make sure you have everything you need before trying it , a washer kit incasee you need to remove heat ex.I hate them i now do them in situ as i took one out in 20 min and took me 4 hrs to get it back without any drips so now its just a diapraghm i change ,the only awkward screws are top right as you look at the front of the valve,a good pair of grips or pliers help,as you can start loosing the screws at the back ,good luck,were in l/pool are you

Sponsored Links
[thanks for advice, im not in l/pool i am on wirral i shall have a go in situ first nello.

God yes in situ, don't take the diverter out there is absolutely no need unless you are going to replace the whole thing before it starts leaking at the neck. Filling loop and heat exchanger need to come off though and will need new o rings and washers after. Pcb will almost certainly get wet as nickso said so absorbing mats are a bonus and a quick blast round with the hairdryer after.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back