Worcester 28cdi Heat Exchanger?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey room,

I recently made a post regarding heating problems with my hot water flow (being able to get hot water in my sinks when the water flow is down).

Anyway I finally managed to get a plumber out today and he told me that my heat exchanger was knackered and or diverter valve. He quoted me 5 or 600 quid for parts and labour. Does this seem reasonable?

Also does his diagnosis seem like it will fix my problem?

Thank You

Chris

Sponsored Links
Start by getting a boiler engineer.

What was the outcome of isolating the cold feed to the boiler? You may just have a faulty mixer tap/shower.

If it a genuine boiler problem then call out Worcester on a fixed price repair, normally around £200 for 3 parts and labour.....the plumber is taking the p**s.

i have the same boiler and had WBosch out 3 years ago to replace heat exchanger on then a 2 year old boiler. Limescale build up was to blame and it cost almost £300 all in.

i have the same boiler and had WBosch out 3 years ago to replace heat exchanger on then a 2 year old boiler. Limescale build up was to blame and it cost almost £300 all in.

Most engineers would have replaced it for about £200 !

I hope you have now fitted a scale reducer!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry for late reply.

Unfortunately I don't have the confidence to isolate the cold water supply on the count of someone saying that sometimes they can leak even though I do believe I have identified those pipes that the person was describing.

I will get a couple more plumbers out just to be on the safeside and verify that the problem is in fact the heat exchanger.

If you call a boiler engineer out, expect him to
a) diagnose the problem
b) charge you whether you want him to do the work or not!

Worcester will do a fixed price repair and change the heat exchanger for you I am sure I have read £300 some plce.

Would that £180 cover the diverter valve and the plate HE on a 24cdi?

Tony

Would that £180 cover the diverter valve and the plate HE on a 24cdi?

Tony

Presume so but you would have to call them to find out. This number by-passes the switchboard and gets you straight through to technical.

Tony.

Thank you everyone.

I'll give Worcester/Bosch a call and reply with the information I get.

Please remember that the cost to W/B for a plate heat exchanger will probably be about a tenner but could cost a boiler repair bloke £100 plus VAT. ;)

Tim

I finally got hot water from my shower. It would appear the rejects who lived there before me connected the hot and cold water pipes incorrectly. So i rearranged them and now have hot water from my shower.

However I still have the problem with my taps where I have to turn the pressure right down to get scalding hot water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back