Worcester Greenstar 30si DHW problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there can anyone please help. We had this boiler fitted 3yrs ago and all has been fine up to a few weeks ago, the CH works no probs but when we run the hot water for a period of time ie to run the bath, after around 5 mins the pilot light goes out and the boiler goes into fault mode. We re set but then it happens again after around 4/5 mins. Rang Worcester who said it could be a frozen condensing pipe. I checked the condensing pipe and it was not frozen. Can anyone help?? is this a common problem that anyone else has witnessed???
Dave.

Sponsored Links
If it hasn't been serviced in THREE years this is clearly Two years overdue I suspect that a service to MI's will resolve the fault ;)

Sponsored Links
Hi there chaps, who said anything about it not being serviced in 3yrs, it was last servicd in Sept 2009. By the way if it is a blocked plate heat exchanger, what is the cure and approx what is the cost of repair???

I've had this with myown 30si boiler but since it has only done it four times in five years, I have allowed it to develop.... My system is squeeky clean so doubt the HE but it does seem to be an issue of flow as the boiler does lock out and boils gently until it cools.. I did switch the pump speed up to 2 from 1 to see what happens... So far all is happy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back