Worcester Heatslave 18/25 Combi....Water Too Hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Hi,

More than likely set at this temp due to the risk of legionella's disease?

Sam

Agile Said:-

"In that case it seems rather too late to question the design of the boiler and to expect Worcester to redesign it just for you ( which would then become considerably less efficient" ).

I say:-

"I take you think Worcesters design is 'spot on' and cannot be improved?

Is your middle name 'Status Quo' then?

Who is to say that the manufacturer of a product always has it right?
You I expect

Surely it is reasonable to expect a design of a boiler to heat the 'Reserve Tank' anywhere from Cold all the way to hot?
After all, the Hot Water Knob goes from 1 to 6.

Don't forget that the Worcester has a 'Heat Bank'container holding 60 Litres of water. The boiler will come on once in a while to maintain 47 Degrees temperature at the least. This is too hot on the hand with a running tap. O.K. so the tank is well inulated but even so, with the cost of oil now (And we are Pensioners) I really would like to be able to keep the Water as hot as WE want.

Incidentaly, I see that you are a CORGI registered boiler engineer.

I am so glad that I am not a customer of yours" :D

P.S. Nice one posting a 'photo of the Worcester Guy :confused:

Now everyone knows EXACTLY who he is :!:

Sponsored Links

Surely it is reasonable to expect a design of a boiler to heat the 'Reserve Tank' anywhere from Cold all the way to hot?
After all, the Hot Water Knob goes from 1 to 6.

Don't forget that the Worcester has a 'Heat Bank'container holding 60 Litres of water. The boiler will come on once in a while to maintain 47 Degrees temperature at the least. This is too hot on the hand with a running tap. O.K. so the tank is well inulated but even so, with the cost of oil now (And we are Pensioners) I really would like to be able to keep the Water as hot as WE want.

As Sam has pointed out, its not permissable to store water below 60°C as otherwise there is a risk of legionella which could kill or make you ill. My old boss caught it at Oxford Circus and he was unable to have any alcoholic drinks for 2-3 years.

I can assure you that the boiler manufacturers do take all aspects into account in their designs but they have to ensure that their products are going to be safe to use.

Whilst I appreciate that you will not know about boiler design, I do think that you should take heed of the advice we are giving you.

As the Worcester engineer told you, its easy to fit a blending valve after the boiler. Your OFTEC installer should have discussed all these matters with you at the design stage!

You say that you are glad that you are not one of our customers. If you had been then I would have been able to explain all these aspects to you and fit a blending valve. If you choose a less aware plumber to fit your boiler then you are now suffering the the outcome!

They are required by law in Old Peoples Homes and sheltered accommodation!

Tony

Must admit i've fitted quite a few heatslave's recently and never had an issue with the water being to hot. With all due respect, if it has been tested on site then i can only assume your demand's may be outside the 'average' household requirements.

Sam

I am not sure exactly what you mean Sam.

30% of houses in the UK have stored hot water and this is delivered to the taps at 60°C.

This user is not happy with such a high temperature and would like a lower temperature. Thats his perogative and can be easily met by fitting a blending valve.

Tony

My point exactly. How many home's with stored water have TMV's fitted as the hot water is too hot for there need's?

Also the WB engineer has measured the actual water temp at 47oC which is lower than average (55oC preset on junior for example)

So back to the original question in the original post, i don't think Worcester are at fault with the minimum temp of 47oC. More likely is that the OP wishes for there water temp to be set lower than the majority (presumably in the region of 35-40oC?)

The answer as previously stated would be the fitting of a TMV.

The issue seems to be having an additional control to achieve this, and presumably the expense involved in fitting it?

Sam

O.K. Guys. Thanks a lot for your inputs (Even Agils :) )

I will now just wait and see if and when I receive a reply from the Worcester Director.

Anyhow. It seems I am Stuffed :(

Cheers. :)

P.S. If Agil will allow me :LOL: I will post any outcome and reply I get from the Worcester Director.

Still, if he finds out about my 'Posts' he will probably tell me to get
'Stuffed' :LOL:

You are free to tell us what the reply says and I hope that you will do so.

I expect it will take into account the points which we have explained above. You can even see how he looks now!

Your solution will be to have a mixer valve. You could have one fitted at the output of the boiler or one at each outlet point.

I have received the opposite complaint a few times. The kitchen tap water "is not hot enough" on the output of a combi boiler. That usually arises when a combi has replaced an electric immersion heated cylinder and they have become accustomed to very hot water.

Tony

Dont you think that, if everybody's name should be publicised, then you should lead by using your real name?

How would you like it if I posted you name publicly?

Tony

To be honest Tony (if indeed that is your real name...) I don't give a monkeys whether anybody's name is publicised of not, and you're quite welcome to post my name publicly. Go on, go ahead, do it.

I have no idea what your name is!

Why not introduce yourself?

Tony

Incidentaly, I see that you are a CORGI registered boiler engineer.

I am so glad that I am not a customer of yours" :D

Hmm interesting, I believe I'm right in saying you're not the first person who's said that, and I doubt you'll be the last. If you spend more than about five minutes on these forums you'll learn that Agile spends quite a lot of time talking out of his a$$ about irrelevant drivel, invariably dragging the post significantly off-topic. If you ignore everything he's said there's actually some useful information buried in between his posts.

I have no idea what your name is!

Why not introduce yourself?

Tony

Well Muggles is what the vast majority of my friends and colleagues call me, so technically I already have done...

Muggles Said:-

"Hmm interesting, I believe I'm right in saying you're not the first person who's said that, and I doubt you'll be the last. If you spend more than about five minutes on these forums you'll learn that Agile spends quite a lot of time talking out of his a$$ about irrelevant drivel, invariably dragging the post significantly off-topic. If you ignore everything he's said there's actually some useful information buried in between his posts."

I agree with all of muggles words here.....and I am really really new.

But first impressions count. :)

I think Agils heart is in the right place. His advice to me (After Directors Address rollicing) is pretty sound and he is trying to help I think :)

Thanks All :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back