Young Driver's First Car

I've recently been renewing my insurance and I don't think it's the biggest factor. To add a 200Bhp 3.2 Ranger to my policy it's only £100 more than my Transit 85bhp 2.2.

I do think age and vehicle value can make it move too; I was looking at some older motors a while back and what they wanted was silly, more than the car would have been worth in some instances.

Sponsored Links
Maybe I'll hang on to my old SLK then.. I was offered £250 trade in on it :D not much wrong with it tbh.

Was once told that if the car is more expensive to buy than the average cheap first car runaround and 2 adults are on the policy then the premium is less, the theroy is they are more likely to take greater care of the car.

Was once told that if the car is more expensive to buy than the average cheap first car runaround and 2 adults are on the policy then the premium is less, the theroy is they are more likely to take greater care of the car.

Often cheaper if 1 or 2 adults are on the policy.

But beware, if not the main driver then might not earn any no claims, if any is due of course.

And there is an offence of fronting, quite easily spotted apparantly.

Sponsored Links
Often cheaper if 1 or 2 adults are on the policy.

But beware, if not the main driver then might not earn any no claims, if any is due of course.

And there is an offence of fronting, quite easily spotted apparantly.
That is when the adult(s) are listed as main drivers, don`t believe that is the case here.

:):)
Have threatened a yellow Fiat Cinquecento...he said it'd be funny for the first couple of weeks at college, then it would turn sour!
Insurance for it would be 2100, though!!
I think you may be spoiling him!! My dad was kind to get me an ancient polo's mk2, he just showed up with it and no conferring/choice. It had no street cred but I was so happy to have a set of wheels and freedom, I couldn't give a stuff what it looked like, I bloody loved that car! My insurance back then was around £130 but I didn't learn to drive until I was 21 if that made any difference.

He has a bike!
Don't fancy getting him a moped, as if something goes wrong (and it may not be his error), it could be serious.
Yeah, I know the insurance aint cheap! The cheapest quote so far is for a Toyota Aygo (£1600) and a Fabia 1.9TDi Estate (£1700).
The Aygo is tiny and don't fancy its chances in a bump. Fabia is that bit bigger.
Saw a 10 plate Fabia 1.4 diesel with 250,000 going for £900, but it had just been sold.
Looked at Clio too and Hyundai i20.

In the "old" days, we all went for a 950 Fiesta or a 998 Metro or 993 Nova or Chevette. They were Group 1 or 2. These days insurance companies go off far more than just the insurance group.
Use it

When you take out insurance you have a higher duty of good faith than in a typical consumer contract. It is known as Uberrima fides- it means utmost good faith. You have to disclose material facts even if they didn’t ask.

Gone are the days of getting added to mums insurance for a small fee.

I think you may be spoiling him!! My dad was kind to get me an ancient polo's mk2, he just showed up with it and no conferring/choice. It had no street cred but I was so happy to have a set of wheels and freedom, I couldn't give a stuff what it looked like, I bloody loved that car! My insurance back then was around £130 but I didn't learn to drive until I was 21 if that made any difference.
Yeah, I think that would have quite a bearing on the premium.

Sponsored Links
Back