your opinion please on a new boiler - Glow Worm Ultracom2CXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, you guys have helped me over the years, with an Ocean Alpha 240p (this has to be the worst of bunch) we have now decided to bin it!!

How does the Glow Worm Ultracom 2 CXI (30) sound for a 3 bed semi with 8 rads? Supplied and fitted price (inc 5 years parts and labour glow worm warrantly) £1875

Sponsored Links
I used to love Glowworms and fitted lots, then they started making crap, I would go for the Logic+

Go for the Ultracom:

pros

Vaillant HX
Vaillant BMU
Vaillant ntcs
Excellent wireless roomstat
Easy to work on - all accessible from the front of boiler
honeywell gas valve
proven fan - as used in vaillant and glowworm for 9 years

cons

wilo pump
flimsy filling loop

Or go for a untested boiler from a carp manufacturer of Icos, Isar, Response etc. ;)

Sponsored Links
now you are taking the p****d ideal logic is miles better then the glowworm goodness me :LOL:

its untested. you are guessing. Complete new design according to Ideal.
The ultracom 2 is a mostly AWB boiler rebadged and us such tried and tested.

What actually made me laugh was the comment about glowworm making a load of carp then at the end of it saying get an ideal instead, the company who have made about 70% of the worst boilers of the last 15 years. Its comical, like you, the forum laughing stock :LOL: :LOL:

well i see Ideal haven't changed and still suck big bad donkeys when it comes to customers, a mate working in Hull needed some parts that day, so rather than having to come back over the bridge wanted to pick up from the factory, no problem! but we want £20 extra if you pick it up from us!! are they having a laugh!!!!!

Gents, as always thanks for your help, I work in Domestic Appliances, so I understand there will always be opinions on brands, just wanted to see if the price was OK, would have chosen the Worcester but the flue regs meant we had to go with another make.

I am told the after sales service from Glow Worm is OK to good, so from our perspective at least we will have some cover / assurance, as opposed the the complete and utter rubbish excuse of a boiler we have at the moment!!

Many Thanks Again

I am told the after sales service from Glow Worm is OK to good, so from our perspective at least we will have some cover / assurance, as opposed the the complete and utter rubbish excuse of a boiler we have at the moment!!

the after sales service to the customer is excellent. Its the service to the engineer in terms of technical asistance which gets alot of criticism.

micky its clear to me you are a sheep just fit what everyone else is vaillant veissmann etc step out of your comfort zone for a min an try something different or are your skills limited? you are the gimp of the forum my friend :LOL:

micky its clear to me you are a sheep just fit what everyone else is vaillant veissmann etc step out of your comfort zone for a min an try something different or are your skills limited? you are the gimp of the forum my friend :LOL:

It appears to me your not very bright or observant. I dont fit vaillant, or viessmann and very few glowworms, nor do i fit WB, baxi, potterton, remeha, hmmm keep guesssing laughing stock.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back