Zanusi Jetsystem 1250 doing very strange things. Static?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My friend has a Zanussi JetSystem Excel 1250 which has now stopped working. The last load of washing he did was, stupidly, a big woollen blanket, at 60 degrees, and then he spun dry it (yes, I know, I've told him the error of his ways - youw ouldn't think he's 43!)

Anyway, now when the machine is put onto a wash cycle, it fill start to fill up with water, and then jump programs and then violently spin, literally jumping off the floor, and then stops and requires the dial to be put to drain before anything can happen. Have tried various wash cycles and it happens to them all, though obviously not at the same time intervals, depending on cycle. I also tried a quick spin for drying and also tried with nothing in the machine.

Could it be some kind of static build up? Any ideas what we could try before he has to call an engineer out? Any comments appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the motor tacho magnet has unscrewed itself due to the clip holding the tacho coil coming off.Pull the machine out and look on the floor for a metal ring.If that is the case lean the machine back and look at the end of the motor shaft for loose magnet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back