Advice and solutions for halstead eden cbx 32

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the situation I currently face.

For a while now my condensing boiler keeps tripping out intermittently when HW is drawn off, usually in the afternoon/ evening. The boilers fault diagnosis indicated a flow or DHW sensor.

I have it covered through insurance and after a number of call outs, the fault occurred in the presence of the heating engineer.

I informed him at the time that on one or two occasions the HW was luke warm and my rad's where warming up, as well as the fact that it was still cutting out and showing the fault already mentioned. His solution was to replace the PCB board.

No sooner had he walkout the door then the fault occurred again.

Now here's the thing if I remove the front cover of the boiler, it works fine. As soon as I put it back on the fault showing 'sensor' occurs again. I have left the cover off for over a week just to make sure.

Before I call my heating engineers out again is there anyone out there who has had or is aware of a similar situation with a boiler.
I don't like the idea of telling a professional his job but my experience so far has made me doubt the background knowledge some of these people have so if I can at least offer a possible solution the boiler might actually get fixed.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the majority of these insurance engineers haven't a clue.

Just keep calling them out until you get it fixed.

Then I suggest you give the insurance a push and find a good local engineer.

It sounds as if your boiler has a number of problems.

Diverter valve for a start as your radiators are heating up
when water is run.
Then possibly air pressure switch related.

My advise and solution for any halstead is a crowbar followed by a skip!

Sponsored Links
Do we really have to tell you that you should not be removing the cover if not Gas Safe registered?

If you pay for the cover then let them do it!

As stated, those who work for those insurance based schemes are often the less motivated people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back