regent 10 litre water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have the above in France and for some reason it is sending water out of the pressure releaf valve underneath
I stripped the boiler down and there is nothing to it inside, just basicaly an element an inlet for mains pressure and an outlet pipe which taked water from the top of inside of tank. Cleaned out but nothing seamed obvious.
still randomly releasing pressure.
Changed pressure release valve - no better
I do have a govenor on the mains so stripped that down but appeared ok( we have had severe frost -20 so though diaphram may have split)
But even when I turn the mains to only a trickle it still comes out of the boiler realease valve as though it is getting way too much pressure but there is not and I did not find a blockage within the boiler. sometimes it stops when you drawer off hot but sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas Cheers Tony

Sponsored Links
What mains pressure are you getting ?
I know the english ones are set to about 6 bar.
Maybe your pressure reducing valve is faulty giving to much mains pressure.

Hi
pressure is about 8bar reduced to 3 but it even comes out of the release valve when I just crack the incoming mains so it only just flows

Sponsored Links
Ok yes I wondered that so it could be a faulty govenor?
I stripped it down and the diaphram was fine and springs seemed ok.
They have had minus20 over there do you think the frost could have damaged it
Also did alter the screw that altered the pressure but it made no odds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back