Stuart Turner Showermate Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

New to these forums, but see that there is a wealth of information amongst everyone so hoping to have some ideas and suggestions to get my showermate twin 1.4 bar working again!

I just moved to this place and noticed there was this pump installed on the wall behind the shower, and the first time I got it working (took 20 goes) and also noticed the previous owner had a hot water feed valve shut off that there was major leaks from the flexible hoses - in two places! The bucket its hosed in would feel with hot water and cover the pump.

Since that incident and upon inspecting further I noticed it was positioned to close to electrical points and that the hot water was draining out and causing damage to the floorboards (bad fitting!)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I never managed to get the pump to work again, and noticed a humming sound coming from the pump, having looked online it could possibly be the capacitor .. so disconnected the pump and took it out to have a closer look to find all the electrics covered in water and needing drying out!

My questions to you guys are can I use the new flexible hoses from the newer models ? (1.8bar) since the 1.4 is now discontinued? Has anyone else had these issues and repaired their pump? Is my pump too old and now compromised due to water getting inside the circuitry? Am I better off getting a new one?

pics attached showing position, hoses and internals! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you saying your pump is housed in an old F&E tank and leaks filling the tank and flooding the pump's electrical box on the top?

That is the daftest thing I've heard this since last Monday.

The Showermate is not worth repairing. New Showermates come with a set of hoses so don't panic.

Just don't put it back in an F&E tank.

*edited for Gin soaked typo's

You can get all the spares for this pump but as dan said don't bother if it's been submerged in water buy a new one.

Thanks for the replies guys, the guy who lived here was a DIY expert alright ...

Loads of bodge jobs around the house and this is one of the big ones ... Rather than replace the hoses he left it to fill and drain out !

I'm actually tempted to get a Triton shower with built in pump rather than replace this straight up, redo some of the copper piping and tidy it up a bit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back