Best way to advertise plumbing services?

You are either very thick skinned or just thick. Time after time you come on here asking professional plumbers for advice even though you have got our backs up from previous comments about how we are all rip off merchants. FYI £80 to change a trv is not ripping anyone off, but as you probably don't understand what is required then you wouldn't know that.

You seem to think that are entitled to call yourself a plumber, I'm sorry, but with your level of experience you could hardly call yourself a handyman.

You've moaned that no one would take you on as an apprentice, Well take a good hard look in the mirror, think about how you come across and you may find the answer why?

Edit - I just had a look at your pics I rest my case

Sponsored Links
so much venom from some of you guys.

Anyway i'll take my chances with my career change, already have several biggish jobs lined up for the first month, all through word of mouth. Once these are done i will start advertising. It may not work out, i may get hardly any work in. Or it may work well. I'll have to take my chances, quote low to get the jobs and build a customer base and take it from there.

Sponsored Links
so much venom from some of you guys.

Anyway i'll take my chances with my career change, already have several biggish jobs lined up for the first month, all through word of mouth. Once these are done i will start advertising. It may not work out, i may get hardly any work in. Or it may work well. I'll have to take my chances, quote low to get the jobs and build a customer base and take it from there.

I wish you well. I'm sure Coventry's finest will have many sleepless nights knowing your out there. :rolleyes:

How did the rad job go (7 off of 15mm)? Or is that one of the biggish jobs you have in the pipeline?

Naz I know what your going through, as I'm there myself.

But you cannot be proud of those photos in your album, the customer may have wanted a cheap job and was happy, but I just couldn't do that.

I created my own website, fulll of my own pictures and work, complete with customer feedback. I then done a leaflet drop to 3000 houses and picked up quite a bit of work from that (and others)

I have been booked solid for the last 6 months and am booked up till Christmas.

You have to earn a good name.

I've just looked at your photo's too - your tiling is rubbish. Are you going to charge people for that on your one man mission to rid Coventry of rip off merchants? I take you are moving to Birmingham as part of that crusade?

Naz, you have published the "Before" photos but I'm afraid that I can't find the "after" photos but I hope that you will have replaced that speedfit elbow and fitted an isolator to the loo...

after looking at your posts and photos...you are obviously a wind up!

to call you a diy er would be a disservice to diy ers!!

have you any idea of regs in respect of plumbing?? which are before and which are after??a

what is your "real" job??
what quals to you say you have??

Talk about give the guy a hard time. :eek:

To be honest he doesn't sound like a bad guy , although his skills may come into question.

Talk about give the guy a hard time. :eek:

To be honest he doesn't sound like a bad guy , although his skills may come into question.
Credit where credit is due. The trouble is that those of us who have seen him take on this current course of development have come to the conclusion that there's not much credit to be due about.. He is lazy, ill equipped, ill informed and cock eyed for a start. Further to this, he is rude, arrogant and ignorant. And those are his best features ;)

To be honest i haven't noticed the arrogance or ignorance bearing in mind the slating he is recieving , no he's not a plumber/heating engineer to which i think he's got the point by now. ;) , just seems some are going for post counts now and nothing else , seen worse in the CC. :eek:

To be honest i haven't noticed the arrogance or ignorance bearing in mind the slating he is recieving , no he's not a plumber/heating engineer to which i think he's got the point by now. ;) , just seems some are going for post counts now and nothing else , seen worse in the CC. :eek:

I've got to agree, I'd be the first to slag off any CC/CCCs. But he's not going to put any Bona Fide time-served tradesmen out of business. The type of work he's doing & the people he's doing it for, it's far from well paid quality work!! I mean the majority of them don't pay & if you have any sense you'd not touch it with a bargepole.

My pal Ali has a few corner shops & lots of flats he rents out. These flats are slums, though we are great mates and have been pals since we were in skool. I'd never work in them or send any of our guys to work in them!! He gets his relatives from Asian to do repairs on them & pays them £30/day!!!

Sponsored Links
Back