yell.com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so I decided to up the advertising a bit with yell.com.

the result? About ten times more calls from salesmen :rolleyes:

tempted to cancel it on the spot

Sponsored Links
don't tell be about them.
be pestering me since last thursday
they won't take no for an answer and that i don't wish to up the size of my ad or get two for the price of one.
smiley_128.gif

i had a ad in their and the yellow pages at a cost of £400 for the year and in that year i must of had 3 jobs 300 sales people calling and 20 cv's posted to me. It was £400 well spent :evil:

Never again!

i threw a yell.com rep off of one of my jobs when he turned up to try and sell me more advertising. Waste of money

Sponsored Links
We hated yell.com but the problem now is that the return on Google adwords has really deteriorated as everyone has left yell. May have to return to yell after all!

We hated yell.com but the problem now is that the return on Google adwords has really deteriorated as everyone has left yell. May have to return to yell after all!
Test changing the Networks on Adwords, test changing your Adwords headlines before spending over the odds on yel.com again.

im on yell.com, it pays for itself plus i get a few happy times when i make the idiot whos trying to sell me stuff to be on phone for a long time then at the end of the call tell them thanks for finding me on yell.com and im happy without the services they have to offer. most of the time i just put phone on loudspeaker and let them ramble on.

Test changing the Networks on Adwords, test changing your Adwords headlines before spending over the odds on yel.com again.

I am on the starter edition (@£35 per month), complete lack of success. (1 - ONE - hit on website recorded on stats sheet since April.)

If I can assume you are not in Norwich (Plumbing&Gas Heating), and therefore I am not in direct competition with you locally, a) is it worthwhile changing/'graduating' to the Standard Edition, b) Just which Keywords work best for you?

DH
(PS I am hesitant - as a new boy here - to openly advertise my email address, but would if you are kind enuff to respond.)

b) Just which Keywords work best for you?
;) laying wooden floors, repairing parquet floors, wood floors Kent

Presuming you are talking about Google Adwords, never heard of Starters Edition or Standard Edition. We decide our monthly max per campaign, max bid per keywords and placement and then test two or three different text ads.

As for contacting: check my profile, become 'friends' and send me a message with your email address.

Sponsored Links
Back