ferroli 77ff combi problem please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a problem with my ferroli 77ff gas combi. The problem started lastnight.The pilot is alight but when the hot water is turned on the fan kicks in but the main boiler does not ignite,same as if you switch it to heating/water on constant on the selector switch.I have also noticed that the fan blades that you can see have hit a tube and broke off but i dont think this is the main problem.If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. jim.

Sponsored Links
if this tube is connected to the aps and it is cut the boiler wont fire up

Hi i have checked the tube and its all intact with no splits.have a new fan assembly on order.

skippster76 said:
Hi i have checked the tube and its all intact with no splits.have a new fan assembly on order.
sounds like the gas valve not opening is there voltage to the gas valve

have also noticed that the fan blades that you can see have hit a tube and broke off

whats broke off the blades?

Sponsored Links
Hi checked for voltage at the microswitch combination gas valve.no voltage found.put voltage to valve, boiler ignites ok.So where do i look now.

if you've knocked a tube of the air pressure switch then it wont get past the fan stage...put it back on where it came from and whizz it up again.

Hi where does the power feed for the gas valve come from,Does it come from the main board if so do i need to replace it?

You're starting to sound dangerous now...just put the tube back on or if it is broken get it replaced. nothing will work if the air pressure switch cannot detect the fan operating through this tube. Got a digi camera?

Right the fan is fine the tube is fine ,the problem is that there is no power feed to the gas valve,i just wanted to know were the feed originates from and if that was the main board would i have to replace the board or is there something else causing it to loose the power feed.many thanks.jim.

Some things that my cause this fault Unable to check instructions as do not have copy.

manual over heat reset button located on the flow out of the main heat exchanger (push in red button to reset),
flow switch,
pump not working
lack of system water pressure
faulty thermistor
APS faulty/hoses round wrong way
Recommmend corgi engineer

best to start at the beginning and work forwards than the end and then backwards, so with that in mind your fan obviously starts does that switch the voltage across on the air pressure switch?

let me have a think about it, but just a quick note to say not to go around sticking a 240v supply onto things like the gas valve...most of this boiler including the gas valve works on 24v and it won't appreciate the extra kick.

Dont worry mate im quite compitant with most things its just i have'nt tackled a boiler before so be for i started i got my self a basic wiring diagram.i dont try to fix anything without a little investigation first.

ok skip no problem it will be the pcb if you have a lit pilot, 24v at the aps and no voltage to the gas valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back