Best way to advertise plumbing services?

In which case I take it all back. Naz, put those pictures of your handywork on you flier. Then customers will know that they're going to get a shoddy, but probably functional job but for a mark down price. There is a gap in the market for you after all. ;)

Sponsored Links
Exactly. He won't take any work from time served professional lads and will be picking stuff up to practice on that no one else wants.

The only thing he will miss out on is getting his nuts painted or his push bike built into the scaffold.

Fill your boots mr naz.

Fellas, just remember that by the law of averages he will (on occasion) come across a not so great bit of work done by a time-served professional (although, to be fair, it might just be another CC/CCC's handywork, who just happened to be older and have a van :LOL: ) who has ripped someone off.

So don't you lot be taking offence when he berates you all on here . ;)

Anyway, he won;t be doing this sort of work for long since he already looking for his gas ticket. Be prepared for his entrance into your very own combustion chamber. :LOL: :evil: I'd love to be a fly on the wall when this happens, probably next week after he's managed to do his extensive reading into the matter and become equal to you all.

The pictures are pics i have found online, they are not copyrighted and its work i more then capable of doing, for example if a customer told me they wanted that red bathroom in mosaic tiles, just like the one in the pic, i'm able to do that for them. I would not use an example which i am not capable to doing.

Naz, I am not a plumber but I am a graphic designer and I can tell you that by using those photos withough permission and without proper referencing you are acting against copyright law!

Just because something is on the Internet does not mean that you can use it in your own publicity and pass it off as your own!

That is shockingly bad practise and I hope whoever's phots they are find out and are the appropriate action. :)

Sponsored Links
Naz, I am not a plumber but I am a graphic designer and I can tell you that by using those photos withough permission and without proper referencing you are acting against copyright law!

Just because something is on the Internet does not mean that you can use it in your own publicity and pass it off as your own!
Does that include the pictures of the taps and tool, as well as the C&C emblem?

From my point of view, I am not too bothered about him using images found on the net provided his own work could match the standard shown but from his own photos, he just cant.... I can't tile or plaster to a degree that I would be happy with my work in my own bathroom, so I call in pals who are tilers and plasterers to that work, the result is a super job at a fair price and most importantly, happy customers.

Does that include the pictures of the taps and tool, as well as the C&C emblem?

That does include the other images, which look like they are from a wickes/b&q website ... But there are places you can purchase royalty free images like these. Strictly speaking, to be safe, all images should be purchased or original.

As for the C&G logo, as long as he as the qualifications to show when questioned, and that C&G allow their logo to be used like that, then it should be fine.

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

I have all my C&G certificates so should they ever question me i can show them these as evidence that i have completed their course successfully.

I have also uploaded more pics of some of my other tiling and bathroom work, taken with a proper camera as opposed to my other pics which were taken with a phone cam.

would appreciate some feedback lads.

That said, i fail to understand why i am being shown so much hostility from some on here. Some comments, in particular from Delta are borderline racism and very offensive. I wouldnt expect this on a plumbing forum, especially when all i've done is ask people for advice on advertising etc.

Best form of advertising ?? recomendation from previous customers
( maybe ?)

Best form of advertising ?? recomendation from previous customers
( maybe ?)

true, almost 95% of my work has been recommendations from people i have done work for. However now i am looking to do this work full time and will therefore need a bigger customer base, so am looking to advertise extensively in my local area.

Still not great Naz. Use those pictures on your fliers and see what the uptake is like.

Out of interest, as you will have researched it so thoroughly, what are the regs regarding the bidet showerhead type thingy? Take it that you installed an anti-scald valve in-line somewhere.

OMFG Who told you that you could tile. :eek:

The ones round windows should be equal on both sides. :rolleyes:

As for the ones sloping around bath, why don't the edges line up with. :rolleyes:

Don't you bother cleaning grout off the tiles.

As for your plumbing, its bl00dy disgraceful. Dont you know anything about backflow prevention, isolators, solder joints, the list is endless.
Do your self a favour and delete your photos and change trades, the quality is just not there and I suspect never will improve.

Fell sorry for your customers.

OMFG Who told you that you could tile. :eek:

The ones round windows should be equal on both sides. :rolleyes:

As for the ones sloping around bath, why don't the edges line up with. :rolleyes:

Don't you bother cleaning grout off the tiles.

As for your plumbing, its bl00dy disgraceful. Dont you know anything about backflow prevention, isolators, solder joints, the list is endless.
Do your self a favour and delete your photos and change trades, the quality is just not there and I suspect never will improve.

Fell sorry for your customers.

:eek:

Are you serious? lol well anyway my customers were happy and thts all tht matters.

My college tutors hav seen my work and they say it is good. I have been to many houses and i can tell you, my work is to a much higher standard thn wht i have seen done by some so called professionals.

He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool-shun him.
He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple-teach him.
He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep-wake him.
He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise-follow him.

Sponsored Links
Back