ADT Honeywell Galaxy Alarm Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
This blokes certainly entertaining.

Lets take this to GD levels as they are at the moment, its Joe or Yale trolling to see how far we will swallow this guff.

About right as they have no idea about a Galaxy panel.

As for the pricing, he works for nothing...................if real another fool bankrupt in 4 months.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Alarm is right. He is obviously unexperienced and a cowboy and is probably the one ripping people off himself ! I bet if what he is saying is true he jumped before he got pushed. What do you reckon ADT will do to him for potentially loosing them £££.

Sponsored Links
if you access the end station try the following

remove mains
remove battery

put a link between 0v and tamper on the siren out pins on the pcb

remove connections to zone 1 (1001)

defeat panel tamper switch, put the end station panel screw in place
then power the panel up bay battery first then mains

enter default code 1234 (or12345)
this should silence the system
then ESC
then enter default engineers code 1122 or 112233 depends on software version
then ENT
enter engineer code again that should default back to factory

BE AWARE BY DOING THIS YOU NOW HAVE TO REPROG THE WHOLE SYSTEM

do not do this unless you have either an engineers book or have knowledge of the system

contact me if you need any further help

john

Hi, I'm desperately looking for some guidance for my Galaxy G2 system. ADT slyly terminated my contract without advising that I needed to arrange a final engineer visit in order to change the communication settings and set it up as a standalone system without monitoring. Now they want to charge me for this.
I've resorted to starting fresh with my system and tried the factory reset described above, however the only thing it seems to reset is the date and time. Everything else is the same.... Anyone able to help please?
Many thanks!

It is not working as it is incorrect if you had read the other comments.

Ring Honeywell up as they have funny ideas about registered engineers giving out defaulting information.

As for terminating the contract, it either ran out, you terminated or did not pay.

A local company versed in Galaxy panels can help and less than ADT generally.
NSI or SSAIB websites give local companies, but do ask if they can work on Galaxy, some cannot.

How is this even allowed on a high security panel like this? :confused: :confused:

What exactly?
The not too professional person wishing to give out defaulting?
The fact a panel can be defaulted?

Never unlocked a "locked" panel? Ahh you have not been about enough yet :D

And it certainly is not reset codes in this instance!

Too give out defaulting info on a high end panel, fair enough I know I shouldn't have give out the defaulting info on a 700l , but that info is p!$$ to get hold off on that old panel, but a galaxy , that's a definite no no.

ADT would mow you down with a 50 cal , if they heard that one of their engineers did that. :D

ADT would mow you down with a 50 cal , if they heard that one of their engineers did that. :D

Hence a recent fool offering this being on the missing list.

Too many idiots around think giving out this info is good. Maybe for their ego`s. Not for the end result though.
Systems being flucked and insurance claims being made, to be proven false.
As the maintainers were not actually maintaining or making the additions against the system specification.
Do the so called "helpers" actually realise this?

Why many sites are for trade only in this regard. Here we offer DIY assistance with professional knowledge.
Not certain detailed information as some do.
The sooner they understand their errors the better. As it could instigate a failed insurance claim.

As for the Yellow diy tat, who cares. The makers give all the details away freely. Perhaps as it is ungraded and not recognised by BSI and subsidiaries.

Thanks for the detailed reply , you couldn't be more correct, and cheap yellow tat , we all know what that is lol :D

if you access the end station try the following

remove mains
remove battery

put a link between 0v and tamper on the siren out pins on the pcb

remove connections to zone 1 (1001)

defeat panel tamper switch, put the end station panel screw in place
then power the panel up bay battery first then mains

enter default code 1234 (or12345)
this should silence the system
then ESC
then enter default engineers code 1122 or 112233 depends on software version
then ENT
enter engineer code again that should default back to factory

BE AWARE BY DOING THIS YOU NOW HAVE TO REPROG THE WHOLE SYSTEM

do not do this unless you have either an engineers book or have knowledge of the system

contact me if you need any further help

john

Hi, I need to reset mine as we have moved into a property . We now hve no phoneline connected.... it was on BT, we are on Virgin.
can anyone tell me
1) whats an end station and end station panel screw
2) will this alarm be able to contact me via a phone line if triggered and not a Remote Centre?
3) If I do a factory reset, is it fairly easy to reconfigure? Do I have to worry about device addresses etc( I looked through the manual and it goes on about addresses etc) or will they still all be set up OK?

thanks

1, Something you do not understand.
2, No, again you do not understand.
3, NO-How are you going to do this if you do not understand?

Get in a local company for £100 and they will sort it and make it work.
For extra they can have it dial you direct. Handy if your 5 mins away.
If not get 3 quotes for a monitored system.

Or just 3 for it to work as you want without Police response.

Or just 3 for it to work as you want without Police response.

Thanks for your response.

Can you tell me what the above option means I would like it to contact me without Police Response?

What is the best way of finding a local installer that can sort it out I have spoken to 2 from the yellow pages and they say they cannot do anything with it but offer to installl a new system, I am in Nottingham.

Can another monitor company take over the alarm for less monthly payout?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back