Smell "Gas" but no gas leak

Sponsored Links
Keep a written record of all conversations with the ESP and details of all visits supported with any worksheets that you are given - you may need these later - just keep phoning ESP to report smell of gas they HAVE to respond are any neighbours noticing any smell? ;)

Will keep track and see what happens.

Problem is the living room smells like gas but even just using a sniffer where you smell it shows nothing.

So frustrating!!!!!

If the Transco guy can smell gas in an area and the sniffer can't then chances are it ain't gas.
Two other possibilities are any new emulsion paint there are a lot of problems with new "eco"paints reacting with bacteria on the surface of old paint it is a known problem in painters forums. The old paint used to kill anything left on the surface but the new eco ones don't have the same effect.
Good example here.

http://theamateurreviewer.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/when-a-smell-of-gas-isnt-necessarily-a-gas-leak/

The other which I have had is woodworm treatment in neighbouring property.

Sponsored Links
If the Transco guy can smell gas in an area and the sniffer can't then chances are it ain't gas.
Two other possibilities are any new emulsion paint there are a lot of problems with new "eco"paints reacting with bacteria on the surface of old paint it is a known problem in painters forums. The old paint used to kill anything left on the surface but the new eco ones don't have the same effect.
Good example here.

http://theamateurreviewer.wordpress.com/2012/06/14/when-a-smell-of-gas-isnt-necessarily-a-gas-leak/

The other which I have had is woodworm treatment in neighbouring property.

Thank you so much!!!! You are a star... at least that gives me something to go on.

Also makes sense as the painting was done at the same time as the smell started to appear!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you please let us know how you get on :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back