Lincoln warm air unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not long back from carrying a visual inspection for a property maint firm on a warm air unit (lincoln LINCB35/45 DL) in a tennated property.

The company had had another enginner look at it who wasn't DAU and still condemmed it, disconnected it electrically and then removed the internal wire harness.oh and to help, ripped the label with the GC no and rating clean in half.Guee which bit was left on the case? Left gas connected though!! :eek:

I got recommend to them by CORGI for a second opinion as initially the tennant complained it smelt weird.

My question is do any of you guys have an old manual for these as i was intending to get it electrically connected to check fan in summer position to see if the smell is related to a faulty fan rather than the gas side and then invest further as visually it looks half decent(late 80's)

Couldn't do much with it today as was only sent for a visual but landlord wants quote for repair or replacement so need to do proper invest

Tried googling but cant find nowt under name so Gc number would have been nice and only firm i now know of for warm air are Johnstone Starley.

Thanks lee.

Sponsored Links
I think you will find this is an American manufacturer.

A few of their units seem to have been sold here as I think this is the make I found in a warehouse.

It appears that the previous person has sabotaged it.

You may be letting yourself in for a serious problem getting it going again.

Are you sure the HE is not holed???

Tony

Without giving it a full in test fan,flues,HE,spilaage etc i wont be able to say what needs doing to the unit and if its possible to repair it.

You know how property maint firms are they wont everything doing for free and next day.which is why today was just a quick visual to see condition and chances of full invest.

Wasn't impressed with how i found it though apparently th guy that did the landlords cert left it like that.

From ones in the past i know its been cheaper to fit wet heating than repair or instal new warm air.

Mostly for fun, I investigated replacing the unit I visited and found that J&S had one which was virtually an exact replacement for about £1100 plus vat.

It would have given better heat distribution with a wet system but would have cost more like 5K. As it was a leased area the business wanted the cheapest option.

As far as I recall it was about 25/30 kW output so not really a domestic model.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony will speak with j&s on monday.
Did you price it up through j&s or your local merchant, mine being plumb centre not sure if they can get them.Will have to ask.

Lee

CORGI gave my name out to the company, so i hope i've got it as well. :confused: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back