DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

whirlpool dishwasher green light flashing 7 times

Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
maverico

from Portugal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote

just connected whirlpool dishwasher adp4542, it has been moved and stored for 6 months, the machine starts up the cycle sounds ok then after about 2 minutes it stops then shows the green light flashing , when i press the green light swith for 3 seconds it starts up again then runs for another few minutes this continues time after time

before i call the engineer out to repair it is there anything i can do myself to try to fix it

Last edited by maverico on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
Sleepyhead

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote

really depends on the age of the machine.
However, start it up, when the light flashes count the flashes between pauses. the number of flashes equals an error code.
 Alert Moderators
maverico

from Portugal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote

the machine is 3 years old only
 Alert Moderators
maverico

from Portugal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote

thanks sleepyhead

there are 7 flashes in between pauses , any idea what error it may be anybody?????
 Alert Moderators
Sleepyhead

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:19 am Reply with quote

It's a flow meter failure.
Unplug the machine from the wall socket.
Take the left hand panel off (looking from front).
Looking at it from the side, at the bottom right of the plastic fill chamber you'll see a water wheel, disconnect the plug from this, clean the contacts on the small pcb, tighten the connections on the plug and plug it back on.
Reassemble the machine. Plug it back into the wall socket, reset it and try a program again.
The following user says thank you to Sleepyhead for this useful post:
durks (7 Dec 2010)
 Alert Moderators
Paramonte

from Portugal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote

maverico wrote:
thanks sleepyhead

there are 7 flashes in between pauses , any idea what error it may be anybody?????

Maverico, I have the same problem in my machine. Did the Sleepyhead advise work?

By the way, thank you Sleepyhead for taking the time to help
 Alert Moderators
Funkster99

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote

Sleepyhead

I do not have a left panel to remove!

I have a ADG7460

your expert opinion please?
 Alert Moderators
durks

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote

I have a caple di441 which is essentially a rebadged whirlpool. I was getting the 7 (sometimes 6) flashes thing exactly as discribed at the beginning of this thread. I followed sleepyhead's instructions as best I could - taking the whole dishwasher out from under the worktop (its a built-in), unscrewing the entire left side of the machine to expose this large relatively thin/flat white plastic container with water in it. I took out the tube which enters from the top of the machine into the top righthandside of the plastic container. I then unplugged and cleaned (by blowing to remove dust etc) the pcb (or printed circuit board thing) at the bottom of the plastic container. Reinserted both the tube and the pcb, started another cycle and hey presto, sleepyheads your uncle, it worked. Saved me a fortune and a lot of washing up.

cheers. ps. i never post these sorts of things on forums like this but I was so grateful that this gem worked that I thought it was only fair that I spread the love!
 Alert Moderators
thedudeNL

from Netherlands

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Hi Sleepyhead,

I had this code 7 on my DWF B00 Ikea dishwasher coming up pretty fast after starting a program and tried the solution here to take off the cover and tighten the contacts on the plug that is connected to the little printboard. It seemed as if the device worked better, it could almost finish an entire program, but after maybe an hour the beeps and code 7 still come up....

Any other trick I could try?

Maybe I can try cleaning the contacts with contactspray, the board looks pretty new to me though!

Thanks

Marcel
 Alert Moderators
mickey1888

from Norway

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Sleepyhead wrote:
It's a flow meter failure.
Unplug the machine from the wall socket.
Take the left hand panel off (looking from front).
Looking at it from the side, at the bottom right of the plastic fill chamber you'll see a water wheel, disconnect the plug from this, clean the contacts on the small pcb, tighten the connections on the plug and plug it back on.
Reassemble the machine. Plug it back into the wall socket, reset it and try a program again.

Hi, i have the same problem with my whirlpool DWF B00, stops on rinse, beeps and light flashes 7 times. Salt water light has been permanently on since we bought it 2nd hand and has stayed on even though i have filled it with salt. Any suggestions what to do? its fitted so i thought i'd ask first.
Thanks, Mickey.
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Appliances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: