Electric shower not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Electric shower has stopped working. Basically, the light on the pull switch is on until you turn on the on switch on the electric shower, at which point the light on the pull switch goes out and nothing happens. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit weird if it was working satisfactorily before.
I would check the connections in the switch make sure they're good.
Then check the wiring on the shower.
Make sure you're switched off at the CU first.

Well, I know it is not the shower unit as I changed it and the same thing happened. Guess maybe the next thing is to change the pull switch?

Sponsored Links
What is the size of your shower?
Also what size cable are you using?

Open the switch and see if I'm right.

After isolating the supply to the shower... ;)

It sounds like a high resistance somewhere - either a burnt connection or poor switch contact.Enough current can flow to light the neon but when the shower is switched on the voltage falls away and so the neon goes out.

im having the same problem with my shower unit.

I turn it on from the pull cord the light comes on but the shower does not work at all.

Should i buy a new switch first or would you think i need a new shower.

The shower itself is about 7 years old and was fitted by the previous owner.

any suggestions ?????

i have the same problem - did you manage to sot this out (i guess you must have by now)?

The shower was here when we bought the house but seems quite new, and the switch was put in by electricians when we had the whole place rewired 6 months ago. I checked the isolator and the neutral does appear to a be a bit blackened. Do i just replace the switch or does it mean that there is a bigger problem?

Cheers
Al

the switch was put in by electricians when we had the whole place rewired 6 months ago

Give them a call they should come and check it over.

If it was rewired 6 months ago the switch and wiring will be under warranty - don't change the switch yourself

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back