non rcd protected circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a client wants his fridge freezer on a non rcd protected circuit and this is no problem as long as the cable route does not require it and it is labelled as such. So installing a cable from the cu in surface trunking is ok, but i need to drill through a wall to pass the cable through and then continue in trunking, but 6 inches will be buried???? comments please, (edited bit) so 50mm on each side will be technically buried

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I would think passing it through a wall is not classing it as concealment. It is visible on both sides where it emerges, and it passes straight through.

But await confirmation.

I'd agree. It would be as good as impossible for anyone to accidentally drill or nail through it. Assuming the cable runs at 90 degrees to the wall's surface, it would take someone who is stupid enough to drill through where they can clearly see a cable on the surface.

Sponsored Links
I'd agree. It would be as good as impossible for anyone to accidentally drill or nail through it. Assuming the cable runs at 90 degrees to the wall's surface, it would take someone who is stupid enough to drill through where they can clearly see a cable on the surface.
It does happen!
Years ago I was working with a lad who had been given the job of drilling a 2" hole for a bundle of comms cables.
He carefully measured and marked everything, plugged his drill into the nearest available socket, then wound a core drill through 9" of wall straight into the back of the socket he had plugged his drill into :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back