sabre he 35 combi boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`m looking for some guidance/advice woke up this morning to find no heating or hot water so decided to dig out the instruction booklet for the sabre he 35 boiler and under the trouble shooting section it says the green led should flash every 6 secs (which it does in the off position) however when i put the boiler on to auto or on positions the led flashes every 0.5 secs which according to the instructions there is a temporary fault and action required is to wait . tried turning off at mains etc to see if it will perhaps reset but no change. so i removed the outer white metal cover and checked some wiring connections to make sure they`re ok however as you look at the boiler above the control panel you have a silver panel with a circular sight glass in it should you see a flame when the boiler fires up ? because i cant. any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated cheers scott

Sponsored Links
Hi peter thanks for your reply, the pressure has been sitting between 1.0 and 1.5 consistintly any other ideas? thanks scott

when you turn a tap on or select central heating does the boiler do anything at all pump fan does the neon go red?

Nath

Sponsored Links
hi nath

when i turn the tap on or put the heating on the boiler sounds as it usally does when it was working but the red light doesn`t come on just the green flashing once a second or so. it just seems to me that its not igniting ??? although i have zero previous experience with boilers

cheers scott

when you take the case off look through the glass window can you see/hear a spark?

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back