replace boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Need to replace old ferroli boiler (about 20yrs old). have been given a quote to replace with a worcester 28 junior to be located in the same place, boiler to have approx four 1 mtr flue extensions. Removal and disposal of old. Install radio freq program thermostat, flush system £1950.00 does that sound about right ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Compare the cost of buying a house in the Midlands with Hampshire and I expect you will find a wider divergence than the boiler quotes.

Seems reasonable to me.

Tony

price of fish may be different, too...

what has either got to do with the cost of supply of & installing a boiler?

Google the price of the boiler/parts and then ask how long it will take him to do the work. Then you'll know his hourly rate. You can then decide if it's a rip off or not.

I think it's extrodinarily funny that all the "professional" tradesmen hate to talk about pricing....It is the one thing that is a differentiator when you are looking at a job and ALL the potential workmen are untried and unknown...

I run a PA system (as a part-time job/hobby) and my pricing is clearly stated on my website, although I do encourage people to ask first, just in case there are any special conditions/requirements, but it most often results in an agreement that I do the job at the stated price...

My other profession is IT development and integration...The company I work for is very clear on the prices it charges for my time...

Blimey. I thought that i was asking a relatively straightforward question.... I didnt want anyone to give me another price. I just wanted a feel from people within the trade if it sounded about right. Just seems that certain people probably within the trade get extremely defensive whenever 'price' is mentioned. everybody just assumes that I think i'm getting ripped off when that was not my intentention at all.
Does make you think tho..

Google the price of the boiler/parts and then ask how long it will take him to do the work. Then you'll know his hourly rate. You can then decide if it's a rip off or not.

There speaks the voice of someone who has never run a business.

Of course, the boiler and parts are the plumber's only overheads. All the rest goes in his back pocket.

:rolleyes:

A message to all the ******* useless ***** who have posted so far (Agile, Mr W & WS66 excepted).

How the **** do you think people do business if they don't discuss price with their customers. You are not their customers, nor after DIY advice, that the forum is intended for, just some useless ***** who can't understand **** all about **** all in life.

I couldn't care a **** about your sh.... IT consultancy prices.

You may advertise them to your clients but you wouldn't use them on IT tech advice sites which is what this site is the heating equivalent of.

Would you go in a Honda dealership and ask for the price breakdown of all the spare parts that you would need to build a new Civic? Then ask how many bowls of rice are paid to the car workers to build the new Civic? Then taking the price of the parts and cost of rice from the purchase price, deduce that the main dealers are ripping you?

Thought not you buffoon! :rolleyes:

This is all getting far too deep for me ! . I appreciate any responses that i had that were off any use (if you can find them). To those who were upset , i apologise. I obviosly misunderstood this website and the forum. I will look elsewhere for assistance.

Enjoy yourselves.

I run a PA system (as a part-time job/hobby) and my pricing is clearly stated on my website,

My other profession is IT development and integration...The company I work for is very clear on the prices it charges for my time...

So because you display your prices it means if I want some hardware, some software, some set-up and some consultancy all done by someone you don't know or have nothing to do with, somewhere you don't know, in a building you can't see, you can give me an accurate price, on a site, where it's not supposed to be discussed.

Try taking your head from your a*** and see how ridiculous your comments are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back