All these damn rules controlling every aspect of life!

Sponsored Links
i thought damn rules only affected water retaining structures not every aspect of life! :LOL:

i really need to read them rules again :LOL:

or maybe a dictionary :?:

What happened to the good old days when incompotent fools either didn't try, or failed horrbily, and never tried again.

With all the rules, the compitant smart people can't even give it a go on some jobs (mainly kitchen wiring :evil: ).

Sponsored Links
we do little else but build extensions.

this puts us in a position whereby our work is regularly scrutinised by b.c. it also means we are updated regularly to the latest reg's.

it is for this reason that we are in a comfortable position to know what can or cannot be done - according to 'the rules'.

diy'ers keep us in business. :LOL:

Rules and regulations (in the context of buildings) of course are a good thing. Otherwise ...

Free-for-all with gas ... bangs across the land; unfettered messing with the lekky ... fried folks everywhere; no Building Control ... piles of rubble and squashed kids; no Planning rules ... the Philistines cladding Georgian house in York stone cladding.

This government has been responsible for unprecedented regulation covering every thing that we do today.

But it could be said that the regulation is there instead of the "self-regulation" of society in general, which seems to be sadly lacking nowadays.

The main problem, is that a lot of the recent legislation is poorly thought out, and there are too many "catch all" laws which can be/are used for things which they were not intended for

curious.

i_am_fubar why are you hi jacking a 3 year old post?

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005

perhaps a nice mod will split it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back