potterton Lynx Electronic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton Lynx Boiler. There is water leakage from under the unit. It only leaks when the system is switched off.

Can some one advise me why this is. Is it a faulty pipe?? Its been 4 days now.

Sponsored Links
dpont know as I cannot see it, bit dificult to this one on liiine mate sorry

sure someone will help you or it may be better to get some one in?

gurkha121 said:
I have a potterton Lynx Boiler. There is water leakage from under the unit. It only leaks when the system is switched off.

Can some one advise me why this is. Is it a faulty pipe?? Its been 4 days now.

basically when its running hot the metals expand therefore no leaks, when it coo.ls it has more chance of leaking..

lynx electronics are very old so normally perished washers etc cause this, most are cureable with a nip up of the compression joints and at worse replacing seals !

Thank you sir. Iam in the British Gurkha and have come back from duty on for well deserved holiday.

The boiler was leaking as i have 2 yrs old son I was bit worried. So no need to panic then. I will get someone to change the washer.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
gurkha121 said:
Thank you sir. Iam in the British Gurkha and have come back from duty on for well deserved holiday.

The boiler was leaking as i have 2 yrs old son I was bit worried. So no need to panic then. I will get someone to change the washer.

Thanks again.

no need to panic...

ps. have a look and see where its leaking MAY NOT require a washer, a nip up with a pair of grips often cure thee leaks !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back