Installing gas hob

Can you back that up Chris?

Just that I will 'AT RISK' that.

On 16 mbar the smallest hot plate will go out with the slightest blockage in the injector

David

Sponsored Links
Not in Mitcham. A few years back had to do a LGSR where the street pressure was only 14mbar.

Transco had so many leaks the pressure was well down but legally they can do that.

All appliances were operating safely - checked with boiler on full heat, all hob burners from simmer to max. Advised by Corgi tech. NCS only

WOW!

14mb?

And i got ribbed for messing with injectors!

David

Sponsored Links
I thought it was 14, though (long story) found a low pressure area in Balham (not that far from Mitcham) where boilers were going out (GW CXI) at times of high demand. Gets hilarious (yawn) when you call Transco and they want you to turn the gas off - "it's the whole street, luv, what do you want me to do?"

If a hob ring actually goes out on min flame , I ID them. (That's right innit?) You can't usually reach the isolator so the house goes off. Tenants get stroppy so I turn a ring on full without lighting it for long enough for them to flap over the gas escape.

Ollski, just because the makers will accept a cooker hose as an alternative, does not mean that is the only method of connection.

I understand (possibly incorrectly) that any appliance that is fixed, should be plumbed in copper for gas.

I also feel copper makes a neater job. In my book standard slips when I start thinking of 'easy way out'

DP said:
Ollski, just because the makers will accept a cooker hose as an alternative, does not mean that is the only method of connection.

I understand (possibly incorrectly) that any appliance that is fixed, should be plumbed in copper for gas.

I also feel copper makes a neater job. In my book standard slips when I start thinking of 'easy way out'

Of course Danny, I'm just trying to say that the manufacturer's instructions supercede any regs wheather they say copper, flexi or either.

I may be wrong aswell but I thought it was any flued appliance which is fixed must be plumbed in copper.

I'm with the rest of you that it would be copper for me aswell.

Manufactuers spec goes doesnt it?

If hose can be used, I will only use if no oven below.

If not, I use copper but the 'prettyness' of it? C'mon?

Gas tight and safe, registered with CORGI and then the fun begins!

Worst thing you can do is let them place the hob for you as you might aswell take your NTCS standards forms in before you start.

David

Soggy_weetabix said:
Manufactuers spec goes doesnt it?

If hose can be used, I will only use if no oven below.

If not, I use copper but the 'prettyness' of it? C'mon?

Gas tight and safe, registered with CORGI and then the fun begins!

Worst thing you can do is let them place the hob for you as you might aswell take your NTCS standards forms in before you start.

David

Hi guys, great forum, I have a zanussi gas hob with gas point diirectly below, I have removed my old freestanding range gas hob/oven and have now installed a built in oven / hob, the oven is electric and is not located under the hob - infact nowhere near the hob, am I ok to install the hob using flexi hose as I already have a hose from the range cooker and gas supply is fitted with bayonet end and a shut off valve.

it doesn't state this in the instruction book, just says rigid or semi rigid should be used.

any help appreciated.

You can use either then browuk

But if you were a compitent person you would know that.

How are you going to test the supply and appliance and adjust the burners etc

ok thanks, I am competent in a sense of fitting the gas supply, but when you get to the adjustmant of the burners this is where i get lost - not had to do this before, is this something i could do or would I need to call the guys in?

any pointers?

browuk said:
ok thanks, I am competent in a sense of fitting the gas supply, but when you get to the adjustmant of the burners this is where i get lost - not had to do this before, is this something i could do or would I need to call the guys in?

any pointers?

So you are Corgi registered then?

Ok here's a quick one.

I am not corgi registered

I have fitted a new kitchen, moved the electric oven so it is no longer under the hob (now built in at mid height.. looks nice) all units have been changed. Same gas hob is going back 15mm to right of original location.

Am i ok to extend the solid gas pipe myself? need to replace a 180mm long copper pipe (15mm) with one which is about 195-200mm. section is between local isolator and screwed hob connection

If this is not ok for me to do then how much can i expect to pay for a corgi guy to come out and do it for me?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back