soap left in zanussi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wifes driving me mad complaining about soap still left in washing after cycle has finished.she has to put it on two more rinses to clear the soap from the clothes.The machine is a Zanussi aquacycle XC6 1400 spin.Its 2 yrs old with 5 yr cover, so we\\\'ve had the engineers out 8 or 9 times and they say it does appear to be soaping up more than it should but cant find a technical fault so they cant fix it. We are using a very small amount of powder. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
1) Take out the soap drawer and scrub it in hot water to take out all the concealed old soap and the mildew that grows on it. Open the fab Soft container and clean out the tube syphon too (observe it carefully so that you reassemble it correctly). I know people who put soap powder in the fab soft compartment and block it. Scrub out the slot that the soap drawer fits into as well. If it has black mildew growing on the soap sludge, use a kitchen spray with bleach to kill it, and rinse off well when clean.

2) Try using a dosing ball, or, throw the powder onto the drum through the door instead of using the drawer.

3) Are you doing hot washes, or cool? (hot water dissolves soap best) And do you have a Hot Fill?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back