MIRA SPORT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i pull down the string that operates the shower ,no light comes on and im unable to start the shower, i\\\'ve checked the fuse board to see if the shower switch tripped but it has\\\'nt. please help.

Sponsored Links
Does the pull-cord shower switch have an indicator light?
And that light isn't coming on?

Quite likely the switch has failed. Turn off the power and have a look. You may find it shows signs of overheating. If you have a test meter and are competent to use it you can test the terminals in and out, if there is no visible damage. Don't use a neon screwdriver, they are unreliable.

A new switch is reasonably easy to fit but if you find the ends of the cable cores have overheated you need to cut back to clean bright copper and make the connection with that. Make the connections tightly, then, the next day, tighten then again (big connections need retightening as the softish copper seems to mould to shape after it has been tightened once).

BTW I'm told that shower switches last longer, if you turn then on and off with the shower off, so that they are not switched under load.

thanks johnd, the indicator light is'nt coming on as you thought, a new switch is needed so, thanks again.

JohnD said:
BTW I'm told that shower switches last longer, if you turn then on and off with the shower off, so that they are not switched under load.
What sort of moron would do this? :eek:

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
JohnD said:

Most people turn the main switch controlling the shower on & off with the shower off :rolleyes: ....... What a dipshit

J..M said:
crafty1289 said:
JohnD said:

Most people turn the main switch controlling the shower on & off with the shower off :rolleyes: ....... What a dipshit
I'm sorry? I think we have our wires x'd.

I was referring to the daft idea of using the isolator switch to power up the shower.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think we all agree it's a bad idea.

However, there are some people who do it.

And of course their switches burn out early.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back