Bad Job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Feel like a complete prick

Luckily it was a friend but I had to change the water filter on a bosh 24cdi

Was hard enough taking the parts off but was even worse putting it all back together. In the end, I couldnt put the bypass back on the flow manifold and had to leave them without hot water and heating.

I cant explain how much of a waste of space I feel like, I feel like I shouldnt be out there touching peoples boilers

Anybody else had any experiences like this before?

Also, has anybody else had the same problem on a bosch??!!!!

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
newcomers said:
Feel like a complete p***k

Luckily it was a friend but I had to change the water filter on a bosh 24cdi

Was hard enough taking the parts off but was even worse putting it all back together. In the end, I couldnt put the bypass back on the flow manifold and had to leave them without hot water and heating.

I cant explain how much of a waste of space I feel like, I feel like I shouldnt be out there touching peoples boilers

Anybody else had any experiences like this before?

Also, has anybody else had the same problem on a bosch??!!!!

Thanks guys

Don't worry fella that little pipe is a t w a t to get back in.

I've had a wrestling match on a few occasions with that pipe.

Top tip...don't take it out ever!

Sponsored Links
I would say that the problem will be that you have stuck a new o ring on the pipe but also left the old o ring inn the manifold......take a look ;)

No new O ring fitted on pipe (actually, there is no oring on pipe, could it be it is blocking th manifold and thats why the pipe wont go in?)

newcomers said:
No new O ring fitted on pipe (actually, there is no oring on pipe, could it be it is blocking th manifold and thats why the pipe wont go in?)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Looks like olski was half right.

The old o ring will be sat in the bottom of the hole. Take it out and put it on the end of the pipe before trying to put the pipe back in.

Its still fiddly though.

Without a doubt, you will only get thepipe in if you put the o ring on the pipe....you will just be pushing against it, thats why it won't fit in.

I really have never had trouble with this and cdi's are bread and butter to me

mind you i do always change the fugging o rings

Am I just a lucky SOB cos I dont think they are????????

blimey thats a first if I am

Just a wee screwdriver.
Iirc the book says remove the pipe then the manifold it's pushed into (we are talking the left hand end I assume), but it's easier to get out/in if you loosen the manifold first.

Reminds me of the Main Medway, with those two horrible little pipes that **** water out after you've changed the seal on the pin that causes a leak in those, you go to a boiler with a little drip and then spend the rest of the morning trying to fix a boiler that spurts water out of every orifice. Ihate them. Whay doesn't everyone have Brittony's?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back