cop out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to a worcester 28cdi the other day.followed fault guide in mi.everything checked out upto last section which stated "change gas valve and if that doesnt work change control board"what sort of fault finding is that. :eek:

Sponsored Links
It`s worcesters policy of selling as many spares as possible, even if you don`t need `em! Why sell just a board when you can sell a gas valve too?

MI fault finding?..the words chocolate and tea pot come to mind.

Vaillant do exactly the same thing with the turbomax

gits aint they :)

cos by the time you have "checked operation by substituion" the stockist wont take it back

dont see them shelling out to pay for it

As their tag line should read:

"Boiler Maker"

"we have been getting away with it for years"

now add a man with a big smile and a thumbs up

:)

Sponsored Links
Is anyone using talc to lube sticky gas valves? I heard about it the other night from a manufacturer (not any of the manufacturers I recommend by the way).

Interesting on my Alpha training it was mentioned that the way a pcb controls a gas valve can mean that one manufacturer has problems with a gas valve sticking from Glycol yet Alpha who use the same gas valve rarely have the problem. It must be something to do with the surge of current at first firing or the degree of modulation for initial fire up.

It would be interesting if some of the folk who complain their boiler won't fire on heating but will on hot water were actually suffering from sticky gas valves that when firing for hot water are dosed with double the voltage at 1/2 or full gas rate as the low rate start up for heating.

Personally I have cleaned a few gas valves and saved people a fortune, but sometimes inexplicably it doesn't work though everything looks and measures right, the critter won't work (but the new gas valve fixes the boiler). Usually on Vokeras. I wander if they don't surge enough power in there at start up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back