Ideal ICOS HE12, No CH but have HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the electric tripping out in the week the boiler doesn't stay ignited for the CH at all.

It starts the ignition sequence, ignites for 30 seconds and then displays the code that there is no demand for CH.

The HW is fine, I have bled the system, which didn't help.

Also, it doesn't respond to the Reset function on the front panel of the boiler.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Has water leaked internally on to the display module?

Tony

No, it seems to be functioning correctly and there is no water residue.

I have examined it closely and there seems no water at all

Being the Icos and just a plain boiler if its heating hot water but not heating id suggest your boiler is fine and the fault lies elsewhere on the system. The boiler fires exactly the same for heating or hotwater.

Sponsored Links
What code is it that it's displaying?

Agree with harrogategas, are you sure its an Icos and not Isar?

Where else is system could it be?

The radiators were functioning fine before the power tripped out (this maybe completely unrelated, I realise)

They have individual thermostats, so I understand one could fail, but not all of them.

Do you have a wireless room stat by any chance? If so could need re-locking with base unit.

Have you tried reset button on programmer etc?

gas4you said:
What code is it that it's displaying?

Agree with harrogategas, are you sure its an Icos and not Isar?

Its definitely an ICOS, unless it has an incorrect front panel on it.

It isn't displaying an error code, its just a 'C' with a flashing LED like it has when its igniting, but there is no noise from the boiler unless I demand Hot Water from it.

Or if there is no demand at all, it displays '0' as normal.

Sounds like a faulty microswitch in a motorised valve but that does not sit with your description that the boiler makes some noise on a CH demand!

The boiler does not know where its heat is going to go.

Tony

C is just the boiler in heating demand mode, either hot water or heating. C is for central heating on the combi version as oppsed to d for domestic hot water. Slow flashing light is boiler up to temp and just circulating. Quick flashing light is when ignition sequence starts, constant light is burner alight.

Try resetting at fused spur, leave off for 30 secs then try again.

Has the PCB been changed as far as you know?

It is the same PCB on both models but the links have to be repositioned according to the type of boiler.

Does anyone know how it responds if a combi set one is put in a heat only version?

Tony

On the Icos you dont get a different code. Just the isar. Ideal have just used the same display etc, so whether it is heating or hot water on at the timer/demand boiler always will display C :)

gas4you said:
Do you have a wireless room stat by any chance? If so could need re-locking with base unit.

Have you tried reset button on programmer etc?

I'm not sure if its wireless. As in, I don't know if its linked into the boiler, but there is a seperate unit to the boiler

All I could tell you is that its a Danfoss, and that the system is fairly new, >12 months.

I've just tried the Reset button and so far, so good.

I did try the reset button the other day, and it didn't do anything. I must not have fully depressed it.

If its that simple, I feel somewhat foolish. :oops:

Agile said:
Has the PCB been changed as far as you know?

It is the same PCB on both models but the links have to be repositioned according to the type of boiler.

Does anyone know how it responds if a combi set one is put in a heat only version?

Tony

This will be proved at initial turn on. The number displayed in the digi read out is different for each boiler!

What number does it display?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back