Recent content by Hozier

  1. H

    Wiser 3 / 2-zone system – Zone 2 valve permanently open?

    Glow-worm Ultracom hxi - getting F11 fault now too :confused:
  2. H

    Wiser 3 / 2-zone system – Zone 2 valve permanently open?

    Thanks for all the replies so far. This is the update after continuity testing: Update: I’ve traced the wiring further and found that the problem/upstairs stat is not actually fed from the Wiser programmer at all — and, as far as I can tell, wasn’t fed from the old ESi programmer either...
  3. H

    Wiser 3 / 2-zone system – Zone 2 valve permanently open?

    Sorry to be dumb here - but the 5pin is also the connector circuit board. I attached picture of circuit board above but can’t figure which brown is being sent to the motorized valve
  4. H

    Wiser 3 / 2-zone system – Zone 2 valve permanently open?

    The ESi ZV-222/W actuator uses a 5-pin plug connector rather than exposed flying leads. Is there another way to test?
  5. H

    Wiser 3 / 2-zone system – Zone 2 valve permanently open?

    Just this Just this: LAP DC Digital Multimeter 600V
  6. H

    Wiser 3 / 2-zone system – Zone 2 valve permanently open?

    Just this: LAP DC Digital Multimeter 600V
  7. H

    Wiser 3 / 2-zone system – Zone 2 valve permanently open?

    I’ve replaced an old ESi 3-channel programmer with a Drayton Wiser Kit 3 controlling Zone 1 (downstairs), Zone 2 (upstairs) and hot water. We moved in a year ago and had already suspected the old system wasn’t zoning correctly — some radiators seemed to come on with the wrong zone and sometimes...
  8. H

    Inlet Valve Diaphragm Washer Mystery!

    Hi, I’m attaching images for ease… toilet brand is Sottini. I remember a local plumber saying he bought a job lot of these on EBay and because they aren’t manufactured anymore can charge £60 a pop for call out for leaks for a 60 second fix… Anyone know where I can find just one of these, or...
  9. H

    Have these ceramic tiles been laid properly?

    Oh Jesus! in a few places the differential is more than a 2p coin in height … he’s trying to figure out whether to just accept it or get it redone. having it redone would mean trashing the tiles and underfloor heating I think. Problem is that the tiles are 8x45 so the joints are quite...
  10. H

    Have these ceramic tiles been laid properly?

    Hi folks, A friend has had these ceramic tiles laid in an outdoor office - also over underfloor heating. This was a pro job not DIY. Hasn’t yet been grouted. Should there be this much (or any) discrepancy in height as shown in the images? TIA
  11. H

    Is this TRV what is stopping my rad from heating up?

    Yes there was a lot of muck coming out of it. I've bled the rest of the rads in turn (although only 2 of them had a tiny amount of air in). Rad is still cold at bottom - does this mean it's a rad specific issue?
  12. H

    Is this TRV what is stopping my rad from heating up?

    I think the second ... had to turn the two dials next to the boiler to raise the pressure. I've got the heating on again now with the thermo valve off. Other radiators are hot. This radiator is somewhere between lukewarm and cold ... but the pipe that feeds the rad (under where the thermo...
  13. H

    Is this TRV what is stopping my rad from heating up?

    Pin isn't stuck down (moves about 5mm when I press it). By new head do you mean replace the whole thing that is in my picture? Should the rad heat up with that removed if the pin isn't stuck? Apols for the dumb ass questions! Cheers
  14. H

    Is this TRV what is stopping my rad from heating up?

    Complete novice so please explain slowly o_O Had to take off rad to decorate wall. That bit went well. Put rad back on and reversed the process. Opened lockshield valve > Opened up thermostatic valve > Bled rad. Radiator is still cold. All others are hot. Took off the thermostatic valve and...
Back
Top