Recent content by Kton2002

  1. K

    Mira Agile Cartridge replacement

    Cartridge now replaced and all is good :)
  2. K

    Mira Agile Cartridge replacement

    they isolate the upstairs system yes, but downstairs can remain on as it appears the stopcock is for upstairs only in the airing cupboard. My main concern is that I’ve seen a lot of YouTube posts on one particular video where people have removed the old cartridge, put a new one in, and when they...
  3. K

    Mira Agile Cartridge replacement

    No the airing cupboard is not behind the shower. I can only isolate the shower using the lever shut off valves in the airing cupboard.
  4. K

    Mira Agile Cartridge replacement

    Will post some pics later but lever valves are in airing cupboard, for some reason I have 2 x cold water lever valves , one says mains stop cock on a label the other says cold water. I imagine one will be for upstairs isolation.
  5. K

    Mira Agile Cartridge replacement

    Thanks, but it is a concealed sort of mixer bar, there is no isolating valves behind it, but obviously i can isolate the water in the house. The cold water runs fine everywhere else in the house though, no loss of cold water pressure. Its a Mira Agile SS i think.
  6. K

    Mira Agile Cartridge replacement

    Evening all, I was away on holiday for a week and the shower was unused. On return, the mixer now gets hot way lower down the scale, and is quite hard to get cool water although you can by keeping it on very low, but once its at number 2 it is quite hot. It didn't used to be like this. I am...
  7. K

    Swapping radiator sealed system

    Sorry what I mean is fitting it so that the bottom of the new radiator sits where the current one is, which would mean the additional height of the new one is at the top, and not lower down
  8. K

    Swapping radiator sealed system

    Width of this one is 600, height is 450. Looking at fitting a 600w x 500. I will mount the replacement one a little higher to compensate (that’s the plan at least….!)
  9. K

    Swapping radiator sealed system

    Thanks terryplumb! The existing is on microbore flexi hose, and I can take the current rad off the wall and there is some scope I think for having it sitting a couple of inches further forward but I guess I won’t know for sure until the new one is offered up to the pipe work. Is it easy enough...
  10. K

    Swapping radiator sealed system

    Hi, i am planning to swap a radiator in my sons bedroom which is a single panel 600 x 450 radiator - it is a cold room in winter and am hoping putting a double radiator of similar size will help it in the colder months (600 x 500). It is a new ish build (2019) house with a sealed system. Just...
  11. K

    Replacing single radiator for double - pressurised system

    Many thanks - there is some pipe movement due to them being the plastic type, but i would say they only really move out and not down if that makes sense, hence my thought on re-locating the new rad brackets slightly higher up to account for the difference in the radiator height being 500mm...
  12. K

    Replacing single radiator for double - pressurised system

    Yeh i've done DIY with plasterboard holes etc in the past, got all the tools as i do my own car servicing etc. Think i will get the screwfix radiator, and measure where the hangers are on the back of the radiator so i can see if they would possibly fit the existing brackets, or alternatively try...
  13. K

    Replacing single radiator for double - pressurised system

    Thanks Rob - maybe i should leave it to a professional, i just thought it might save some air entering the system by filling from the top but ignore that comment then! It seems straightforward to do but appreciate the bracket issue. The screwfix one i have seen comes with brackets. And there is...
  14. K

    Replacing single radiator for double - pressurised system

    https://www.screwfix.com/p/kudox-premium-type-22-double-panel-double-convector-radiator-600-x-500mm-white-3003btu/80901?tc=QT6&ds_kid=92700072615374555&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=Cj0KCQjw48OaBhDWARIsAMd966AlgHSF65zDFHtL7yG9XTOl_KeWaotmlxSjpxiUIDY3bjCERyT1kiwaAvciEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds was planning on...
Back
Top