Cylinder Outlet - angle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
morning all,

Had this new cylinder installed summer last year. There was a slight weep (and i mean slight) not from where the pipe enters the cylinder, but to the left of the red handle, on one of the joins. It has stopped now after being nipped up, but wondered if this needs to be addressed - the angle of the pipe is annoying me as doesn't look quite right? Should i get the pipe altered to avoid the angle?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20220121_091011.jpg
    20220121_091011.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 20220121_091037.jpg
    20220121_091037.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
Take a picture of the full length of the pipe so that we can see what is causing it to be on the ****.

Yet another **** job by a plumber ffs.

I am just a bit concerned that the pipe being at that angle is under pressure of some sort and might cause a weakness somewhere, either the bit into the cylinder (i.e. additional stress on the cylinder itself) or further down under the floor where the other end eventually goes to. If that makes any sense! I am not a plumber!

Sponsored Links
I forgot to mention the reason this came about was the old cylinder had a fault, and there was a newly designed cylinder but it was about 1 inch shorter. Hence the pipe into it has been angled....as opposed to being adapted to fit which i would have expected but obviously by the time the guy went, it was too late. Hasten to add it has been fine since, and was installed 6 x months ago

I would say its fine.
Steel tank nozzles have some flexibility/elasticity and there is flexibility in the routing.

Get it sorted properly for peace of mind, not a difficult job to replace the piece of pipework from the tank to the valve with a bit the correct length. Sheer laziness from the Original Installer, and would worry me it's stressing the cylinder. If the cylinder should fail around that point, warranty will probably be void due to the poor installation.

Ironically it was the manufacturer who came to install it. There is a small amount of play if you move that pipe that goes into the cylinder, in all directions. It is very, very minimal, but what i am getting at is i don't think it is under any stress. There is a sticker around the cylinder outlet pipe, and it hasn't been pushed over to accommodate the angle, if that makes sense. I'd be able to see if it was, as the sticker on the top would have been dented / torn if it was forced over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back