Recent content by mxo

  1. M

    Issue fitting overflow cover in sink

    I don’t see how that helps?
  2. M

    Issue fitting overflow cover in sink

    It’s a bathroom sink. Here’s a photo:
  3. M

    Issue fitting overflow cover in sink

    I’m only replacing the overflow cover.
  4. M

    Issue fitting overflow cover in sink

    The sink is around 5 years old. The cover is new (the old one seemed to develop the same problem - ended up splitting in half).
  5. M

    Issue fitting overflow cover in sink

    I’ve got a metal overflow cover I’m trying to fit in a sink overflow hole. But I’m struggling to push it in and when it does eventually go in, the outer side splits. It is the correct part. Is there a trick to fitting these covers?
  6. M

    Kitchen sink strainer not catching food

    That’s not the issue. There’s some alignment problem, but I’m not sure what’s causing it.
  7. M

    Kitchen sink strainer not catching food

    I have a new Rangemaster sink. The sink plug isn’t catching food. Photos below. There seems to be a gap on the left side, no matter which way I turn the basket. But it all looks ok. Am I missing something here?
  8. M

    Bosch dishwasher making odd noise?

    It’s got salt and rinse aid. It’s a brand new dishwasher, I’ve only had it for a month. I’ll try running a hot wash. The noise does seem odd though.
  9. M

    Bosch dishwasher making odd noise?

    I have a brand new Bosch dishwasher. It keeps making a recurring noise. Video attached. I had a Bosch engineer take a look but he said it sounded normal. He replaced the heat pump but no difference. I’m not convinced, does anyone else have a Bosch dishwasher that makes this noise? I’ve also...
  10. M

    Boxing in boiler pipes

    My builder has boxed in the pipes under the combi-boiler but left a big gap above the boxing. Is this really necessary?
  11. M

    Best way to fix a chipped mirror?

    The door has lighting, there’s a wire going through the hinge. I checked with the company and they said the door isn’t replaceable and can’t be removed. Here’s a clearer zoomed in photo. The chip is roughly 1cm.
  12. M

    Best way to fix a chipped mirror?

    I’ve chipped the corner of a bathroom mirror cabinet. Photo below. The door can’t be removed/replaced - I either have to replace the whole cabinet, or somehow repair the mirror. Is that possible?
  13. M

    Washer/dryer repeating noise on start

    I’ve just bought a new AEG washer/dryer. It makes a very loud recurring noise (every second) when I start it. The drainage pipe pulsates at the same time. Then once the spin wash starts, the noise stops. It starts again during the dry cycle. The appliance is integrated. It isn’t vibrating...
  14. M

    Splashback on top or behind upstand?

    Is it better to have a splashback sitting on top of the upstand, or splashback all the way down to the worktop and attach the upstand to the splashback?
  15. M

    Wood vs PVC beading for engineered wood flooring?

    I have 14cm tall Victorian skirting board, presumably this type of skirting board is tougher to cut and handle?
Back
Top