A plumber or his contractor did a new shower install.
In order to lower the ground floor shower tray, a new hole was core drilled through our stone wall; it also carved through flaunching on the outside of the wall.
When I inspected the hole after, it looks like most of the core dust had not...
Just had a bit of roof work done near the ridge. The replacement concrete tiles about 2 of them have slightly chipped corners at the bottom. The scaffolding is still in place and the tiles can't be seen from the ground at the moment. My other half went on the scaffolding to have a close look and...
How old is the property ? Is it near a chimney breast?
If it's a roof leak, or communal pipe not solely yours, it's the freeholder's responsibility, not just yours so let them know.
Pretty sure it's solid stone. Brick chimney breast in loft.
Not knowing the source/s makes me want to remove the whole thing and not have future maintenance issue.
I did see evidence of planners allowing rear chimneys to be removed in a conservation area (ours is a rear one)
If i do a pre-app advice, I would like to know how to describe what it would look like afterwards
Hi
I recently noticed our shared chimney stack had a new hole in the stonework, possibly where mortar had dropped off
We've had damp issues on and off; roofers do repairs to our side of the stack (usually slapping on a bit of cement mortar etc) but I'm fed up with that approach and want...