Recent content by Skipsteer

  1. S

    What are these white and brown stains on my kitchen sink and should I replace the sink?

    Kitchen sink is about 15 years old and need to replace the leaking tap. However I cant seem to remove the white and brown stains on the sink, therefore I wondering if I should replace the sink as well? Any ideas what the stains are and if they are just cosmetic? Also how i might be able to...
  2. S

    Replacing kitchen mixer tap with a new one with a slightly smaller (5mm) base, will this fit ok?

    Thanks for the advice. Would something like Harpic 100% Limescale Remover Toilet Cleaner Gel Fresh Scent 750ml which I use for cleaning the toilet be good to use? Out of interest if we didn't do this, is it just cosmetic, or is this necessary for hygiene and/or clean running water? You wouldnt...
  3. S

    Replacing kitchen mixer tap with a new one with a slightly smaller (5mm) base, will this fit ok?

    Need to replace my kitchen mixer tap which is leaking. I found a new tap that looks very similar, however the diameter of the tap base (where it fits into the sink) is slightly smaller (about 5mm) on the new tap. 39mm on new tap versus 44mm on old tap. I've ordered this in advance of a...
  4. S

    Is my toilet basin erroding or just cosmetic discolouration?

    Thanks very much for your suggestion.
  5. S

    Is my toilet basin erroding or just cosmetic discolouration?

    Initially I thought this was a slug in my toilet basin! But after trying to remove it I realised that this is a discoloration on the toilet basin itself. Any idea what has caused this and if it could cause any leaks and/or other issues? Also how best to remove it? I tried bleach but made no...
  6. S

    It is safe to touch the plastic housing of an ac connector on a wired Nest Protect smoke alarm?

    It is safe to touch the plastic housing of an ac connector on a wired Nest Protect smoke alarm when the power is on? Photos attached... And is it also safe to leave it like this until a new smoke detector can be installed? Not sure if I should tape up up or put the nest protect cover back...
  7. S

    Regrouting and re-siliconing shower enclosure - how long to do properly?

    Is there not fast setting grout which a lot of tradesmen would use to avoid having to extend the job over 2 days? One of the tilers I spoke to said he uses Bal grout which is used in swimming pools apparently. Although quick search seems to suggest a 24 cure time for this. Would this mean you'd...
  8. S

    Regrouting and re-siliconing shower enclosure - how long to do properly?

    That's what I was worried about! And how can you silicone around fresh grout? At some point they need to meet and surely the silicone won't stick to the grout. Although in saying that, a few of the other tilers I spoke to also seemed to suggest grouting and silicone the same day. Not sure if...
  9. S

    Regrouting and re-siliconing shower enclosure - how long to do properly?

    How long would it take a Tiler to properly regrout (remove old grout and reapply new grout), as well as remove old silicone and re-silicone within a moderately sized shower enclosure, approx 118cm L x 90cm W x 220 cm H? Pictures also attached. If only a few of the tiles show hairline cracks...
  10. S

    Electricity meter needs replaced but unsure if it is RTS and/or 3 phase

    The instal company is called SMS and my provider is Outfox The Market. I can certainly ask about them fitting an isolator if I go ahead with the meter replacement. That could be one benefit, although I've has no issues with my electricity or meter since the last meter was installed 9 years ago.
Back
Top