What are these white and brown stains on my kitchen sink and should I replace the sink?

Joined
12 Jul 2016
Messages
120
Reaction score
1
Country
United Kingdom
Kitchen sink is about 15 years old and need to replace the leaking tap.
However I cant seem to remove the white and brown stains on the sink, therefore I wondering if I should replace the sink as well?

Any ideas what the stains are and if they are just cosmetic?
Also how i might be able to remove them if keeping the sink?

Any suggestions or advice welcome. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 20260930_025348.jpg
    20260930_025348.jpg
    653.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20260930_025342.jpg
    20260930_025342.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
Common with those sinks.
They look good but need looking after.
Don't use bleach to clean though as will damaged surface.
Try composite sink cleaner and see how that works out.
DIY of internet will have it.
Don't scrub either with anything abrasive.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top