Removing old kitchen sink unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing my old kitchen sink unit and have removed all the screw/clips holding it down, the mixer tap is still connected and so is the waste pipe, but I have just tried pushing up in corner but it does not seem to be giving at all and I was wondering if there is a special way of removing levering it ( I appreciate that the tap and waste will hold it down to some extent but I still thought the sink unit should give a bit)
Any advice would be welcome

Sponsored Links
if it has been siliconed down, then you might need to run a knife along the edge.

The worst one I did was a concealed sink which had an enclosed lip, I couldn't get a knife in so I ended up using a car jack to jack the sink up.

Many inset sink tops come with a double-sided tape as well as a set of clips. Plus it will probably have silicon around it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back