Removng a kitchen sink tap

22 Aug 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Morning all,

Quick question re the replacement of a mixer kitchen sink tap. Had a look under there last night and it's basically a little worn and old and there appears to be a leak around the seal onto the sink. Decided to replace the entire tap and connecting flexible hoses.

Question: Where the old tap secures onto the sink, their are two threaded bolts with small fixing nuts on them. Because of space it is quite difficult to find a spanner or adjustable spanner that allows me to undo the fixing nut and I assume tighten the new one/s. Just wondering if there is a special plumbers tool for this? I'm guessing it almost needs a long hollow handled tool similar to a socket?

Any advice welcome. Don't want to have to remove the entire sink just to replace the tap.

Sponsored Links
Toolstation do a set of three box spanners for around £7 for that purpose. They are about 7 in long

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links