kitchen mixer tap won't stand straight

Is it just the fact that the tap is loose in the hole that stops it sitting flush or does the base of the tap not sit flush with the sink even if you hold it upright. If it is the latter then you probably have a defect in the tap itself & should take it back to B & Q

Sponsored Links
Is it just the fact that the tap is loose in the hole that stops it sitting flush or does the base of the tap not sit flush with the sink even if you hold it upright. If it is the latter then you probably have a defect in the tap itself & should take it back to B & Q
Its as tight as it goes in the sink hole, but its pulled to the right, the right edge touches metal to the sink and the left edge has a couple of millimetres air gap. the wobble is caused by both the sink fixing and the tap moving relative to the sink because its not flush and i guess the o ring squishes about

I was going to say/ask...does the tap body sit flush on a flat surface (any flat surface) without the tails etc connected?

https://technologyspareparts.co.uk/...eel-effect-kitchen-side-lever-mixer-tap-1881/

Looking at the pictures here, i think i am correct in my notes above.
Have you made sure that the groove is clean and that the oring is not twisted?

One other thing is that the hole in the sink might be to big, or you are not centering the tap properly.

If you remove the tap and fit the oring in properly, then sit it down on a flat surface, you should see straight away how it should sit.

The oring spigot needs to be bigger than your sink hole.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have you used a spirit level on the sink? In the past I've fitted a raft under the tap holes to increase rigidity. Stainless sinks can be very unstable.

Have you used a spirit level on the sink? In the past I've fitted a raft under the tap holes to increase rigidity. Stainless sinks can be very unstable.
yeah, it seems pretty level. what do you mean by a raft?

A piece of wood or similar; one of the above post s mentions UPVC. This spreads the load across a bigger area.

That c clamping washer looks to be trapping the tails , there doesn't look like there's enough cutout of it .I fit them with more cutout that yours and even then may have to file them a bit more such is the carp quality of stuff today
Just as an experiment, turn the tap at 90° or so and see if the lean moves with it.
You could also try fitting with no tails just to eliminate things
I think the tails in my pic are easier to fit.
You can get base rings if it's floppy.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kitchen-...JAOX65f6yo2tzaNwEy7O1yshQjf6F1HRoCHI0QAvD_BwE

IMG_20220118_062535077.jpg

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I had the same problem once with a b&q tap.
The problem was that the thread of the bolt holding the tap was not in the middle and pulled the tap to one side.
I solved the problem by returning the tap and buying one from wickes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back