Recent content by stuartb3502

  1. S

    Refitting a non structural piece of trim (see pics)

    Thanks - that could work. The existing piece is slightly smaller so could cut one piece to shape. The existing one is about 80 mm thick (two pieces of timber glued and screwed). Good job it didn't fall out on someone's head. So fill the gap with foam, then adhesive to fix this on to foam?
  2. S

    Refitting a non structural piece of trim (see pics)

    Thanks for taking the time to reply. Any ideas where I might be able to source a uPVC parcel or is it just a case of buying some sheet and cutting to size?
  3. S

    Refitting a non structural piece of trim (see pics)

    OUr house has patio doors. Above them the builder created a brick arch feature. The gap between the lintel and the arch has a wooden trim piece. I should say "had". I went to repaint it today and realised it felt a bit loose. It was actually a lot loose and I just lifted it away and out...
  4. S

    Anyone recognise

    I tried image searching. Have not found that handle so far. That's apart from one picture of the same handle on a locksmith's Trust a Trader page, but it looked like the old handle, not the replacement. It may be worth taking off the wedge to check the fitting pin distance between centres...
  5. S

    Do I need to change the tyres

    For setting pressures, it's worth getting a hand pressure gauge with a pressure relief button. For example, Draper do one which is currently £11 online. Overinflate the tyre slightly, remove the inflator tube (when a bit of air will often escape) and put the gauge tube on. Then use the button...
  6. S

    Struggling to paint a long MDF threshold

    Thanks for the tips. Some feedback in case it's of help to anyone reading this later. I couldn't get the Uni Pro 6.5 sleeves in time, but got some short-pile Two Fussy Blokes ones. Got up early for lower temps (the Scuff-X has a working temp range of 10-32.2 deg C). Worked at 21 deg C or...
  7. S

    Struggling to paint a long MDF threshold

    I know there are a lot of previous questions about prepping and painting MDF. I believe what I'm asking about is slightly different, however (having read previous threads). The short version is that I'm after a white paint which I a) reasonably easy to get a decent finish with and b) tough...
  8. S

    Prepping a wall for wallpaper (again)?

    Quick follow-up.... I found that the bulk of the paint was actually rock solid. I tried sponging it and various scrapers. It was just where the builders had used compound over joints and screws that there was an issue. I removed those areas. I then used Zinsser Peel Stop, first on the...
  9. S

    SEO for electricians - anyone recommend companies?

    I don't know about SEO electricians per se, but I have created a handful of websites and done SEO for those including my wife's small business (I've also 30 years plus in IT). She ranks highly in her local area despite the most recent business being newer and smaller than others. If you want...
  10. S

    Prepping a wall for wallpaper (again)?

    Thanks Wayners, will give it a go.
  11. S

    Restoring paint on car

    Impossible to answer simply since scratches are not all alike (even within one scratch, you have several types). Yes, things have moved on from T cut. With any scratch repair,r you either have to: - Reduce the level of the surrounding paint (usually the lacquer layer in practice) down to the...
  12. S

    Prepping a wall for wallpaper (again)?

    I've seen some threads about prepping and have tried to research as much as I can, but I'm still a bit stuck. House built 2001. When we moved in, it had paint on walls from the builders. We subsequently had it wallpapered That's been on 20 years. We've stripped that quite easily (peeled top...
  13. S

    Metal strips around framing of a window opening?

    Thanks. They do look a bit like those you linked, but they don't swivel as it says those do. Most likely they were for the old windows however as it looks like they've been cut off at the ends by the fitter.
  14. S

    TV cable help

    Plug one of them at a time into a TV to see which you need. The other is most likely either a satellite feed or for an FM/DAB aerial.
Back
Top