£60,000,000 yacht as present to the Queen.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So the queen should be given a £60 million pound yacht as a present for her jubilee, suggests Education Secretary Michael Gove. No doubt the snivelling little **** is trying to pave the way for his Knighthood!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...erves-new-Royal-yacht-as-Jubilee-present.html

Considering the state of our economy, a fact we're constantly reminded of by millionaires Cameron and Osbourne, may I suggest we sent the queen the engineering drawings for the following yacht in order that she may have it commissioned herself...

http://tinyurl.com/7tjvpsp

Sponsored Links
i think she should move out of buck house and move into a council house along with many other scroungers "not saying all council house dwellers are scroungers"

They could buy that ship with a hole in it from the Italians and patch it up at a fraction of the cost.

Sponsored Links
Noooooooooooooooo not that piece of junk.
Another Britannia thats what we need.

And the bankers can pay for it out of confiscated bonuses.

Noooooooooooooooo not that piece of junk.

And the bankers can pay for it out of confiscated bonuses.
Joking aside, 'we' will NEVER have a nice little trip on this thing. It is a 'private' yacht, 'we' won't be invited.

just had an idea build it put the royal family on it and send them back to where the come from.

The queen should never have had the Royal Yacht taken off her, it was a symbol of Britain and national pride, I would love to see a replacement.

Wotan

Not being a royal fan myself , £60,000,000 seems an awful lot of money that could be better spent somewhere else. I don't know a lot about the Royal family , but how often did they use the last one?

My point related to your 'we' comment.
If you mean 'we' as in 'we royalists', then you/they may feel you/they 'need' another Britannia. If you mean 'we' as in the country as a whole, then you are incorrect as 'I' am part of that 'we' and I do not 'need' another royal play thing. As I've mentioned in the OP, I feel the money could be fairer spent in other ways. Ways that would benefit more than just one family!

Your not into the Royal family then obviously.
I'm not too bothered either way with the royal family. I think they probably do bring a fair amount of tourism. Whether that tourism generates an income to the country on par with the cost of the family I am not so sure of. However, one could argue the royal family has brought more than tourism, stability over the centuries for instance. That of course could also be argued to the contrary!

Sorry was too curt there.

So what if we dont get a go on it.
The income generated by the ship and goodwill made would more than cover the costs.
So yes the country does need it.

Yes the Royals deserve it.

Sponsored Links
Back