£7 Billion Worth of Savings to be Had

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Sitting in your armchair pulling together a load of Internet links and statistics does not prove anything to anybody other than fellow Internet link junkies. Your Internet links and statistics would not stand up in a court of law beside the testimony of real people and witnesses.
Bull$sh!t.
This is, to state the bleedin' obvious, not a court of law.
Links to credible sources are the best way to provide substance to your argument.
You have nothing.

Sponsored Links
Your Internet links and statistics would not stand up in a court of law beside the testimony of real people and witnesses.

You've watched too many TV dramas.

Recollections of events are subjective at best, and so wrong as to be no better than fiction at worst.

"...... given the increasing number of people convicted with eyewitness testimony who have been subsequently exonerated by DNA evidence. Some 75% of the wrongful convictions for rape and murder, including a number that led to people being scheduled for execution, were based on eyewitness testimony."

I blame a lack of quality STEM education.

Limited critical thinking training and poor mathematics skills.

pulling together a load of Internet links and statistics does not prove anything to anybody
Of course it does, it provides a factual basis for explaining why some people think what they do, with hard evidence to back it up.

The alternative? Gut feeling and lies which are very poor substitutes.

Sponsored Links
You've watched too many TV dramas.

Recollections of events are subjective at best, and so wrong as to be no better than fiction at worst.

"...... given the increasing number of people convicted with eyewitness testimony who have been subsequently exonerated by DNA evidence. Some 75% of the wrongful convictions for rape and murder, including a number that led to people being scheduled for execution, were based on eyewitness testimony."
Eye witness testimony is the only version of events that I accept, .i.e. the recollections of people who were there ar the time. People might forget certain details, quite naturally, but this should not discredit the whole of what they recount. People will lie but that's another matter.

Scientists can be wrong too, and they often are. Many scientific theories held as irrefutable truth by one generation are abandoned by the next. Also, scientists are very often biased in favour of who pays their wages,. The experts who warned us about covid were in the pay of the Government and/ or the drug companies.

The original statement is so vague and meaningless it's hardly worth bothering to discuss.

43% of companies that have diverse management report higher profits

Higher than what? Their profits last year? other companies? Or the cost of a tin of beans? I've no idea, it's nonsense.

But it does imply that, whatever the positive measure is, 57% of the companies that have diverse management must have lower profits than whatever thing the above is comparing against. It's extremely unlikely that any company would have identical profits to that other thing, even if it's 1p different then it's higher or lower, so every member of the group must be either higher or lower. It looks like someone's been attempting to spin bad news as good, by giving selective facts and not giving any source. It's more likely it's just made-up, and the person writing it didn't consider the full implications of their statement.

Alternatively, it may be possible that an unknown percentage didn't report anything at all. But without the full results of whatever survey it's supposed to be the results of, nobody can possibly say.
Stop wriggling and squirming, you are embarrassing yourself.

I’ve provided you the source for the original survey

Ive given you a link to the full survey

Eye witness testimony is the only version of events that I accept, .i.e. the recollections of people who were there ar the time
Anecdotal evidence suffers cognitive bias.

You only choose to remember people you know who may have had adverse reaction to the vaccine.

Your brain ignores the people who were made very Ill by covid

Eye witness testimony is the only version of events that I accept, .
They can be misleading and a camera used at the same time. Eg during heavy covid hospitalisation some one goes in and finds deserted wards with no one in them so the NHS isn't busy at all. Takes some footage with their mobile too to prove it.

One that often doesn't give full information. Police being too rough with some one. They shouldn't be but the run up to the event wont be included.

The news programs often interview eye witnesses, people near to some event etc but further investigations usually find more facts eventually.

Conspiracy theories are pretty easy to start. Take one fact and come up with other explanations for it. Eg Kennedy was shot and 5g masts had been built. News platforms of all types are after one thing.Viewers. On the web there is money in clicks even on this site. Shut down stupid sources and they say they are being silenced. The main TV channels are controlled by the government as they say something different. They also have a certain characteristic due to what they report and changes are their fault. People forget that they didn't introduce fast tracking of ethnic groups the gov did. Changes in related areas are just a continuation of the same thing. Wont matter which party is in power other than maybe the National Front and they have been silenced. Was that a good or bad thing. The gov did it.

The earth is the centre of the solar system!

No, wait, that was Religion
LOL That one actually was down to the state of knowledge at the time and at some points not a view held by all. The flat earth is similar. Religion did figure in some places.

Pre atomics the sun was a big chunk of coal. When rather young I took a book out of the library that stated that. The librarian said they should have taken it off the shelves. Some of the ideas in it still hold to some extent. The age of the universe has been increased over time. Why do this sort of thing happen - increasing levels of ability and knowledge.

Eye witness testimony is the only version of events that I accept, .i.e. the recollections of people who were there ar the time. People might forget certain details, quite naturally, but this should not discredit the whole of what they recount. People will lie but that's another matter.
So people can misremember and lie, yet you choose to believe them because they were there at the time? You really need to get a grip.
and they often are
Give us some examples of where they are "often" wrong. No? Ah well...

The flat earth is similar
It's the same old conspiracy logic. NASA are in control and the photos from space are just CGI.

Every conspiracy has the the same MO, the masses are being lied to by the illuminati.

Name some.
That there are two genders; that punishment deters crime; that fat is good for you; that smoking is good for you; that we are all going to die of aids / rabies / Colorado beetles / bird or swine flu / mad cows / covid etc etc
Your brain ignores the people who were made very Ill by covid
Read: a bad cold or a dose of the flu. I haven't ignored these people any more or less than anybody else who is or has been very ill at any time and in any place.

Sponsored Links
Back