‘Thank goodness for Boris’: Hedge fund managers see Brexit chaos as a ‘free lunch’ for traders

Sponsored Links
The strive for profit generates innovation -which is only possible in private hands.
I guess then that the NHS was never a hotbed of innovation over the decades? :rolleyes:

I guess then that the NHS was never a hotbed of innovation over the decades? :rolleyes:
What did the NHS invent then?

Electron microscope?

Robots that can do surgical procedures.

Drugs

Perhaps it invented some amazing IT systems.

Oh dear oh dear, Ellal is wrong yet again.

The poor chap fails to understand the NHS may adopt innovation, it is not an innovator.

Oh dear oh dear, Ellal is wrong yet again.
I guess then that you don't rate the countless numbers of surgical/treatment advances devised within the NHS that have saved millions of lives as innovative? :rolleyes:
(but then I guess you only measure 'profit' on a monetary spreadsheet as opposed to the human 'profit'/gain?)

And I suppose that the tens of millions that the NHS is investing in a 'National artificial intelligence lab' boosting medical research is a figment of the imagination?
("In the first instance it should help personalise NHS screening and treatments for cancer, eye disease and a range of other conditions, as well as freeing up staff time, and our new NHS AI Lab will ensure the benefits of NHS data and innovation are fully harnessed for patients in this country.")

Oh, 'tis so easy to best the 'great' notchy :LOL:

Btw, have you come up with a reply to the 'successful Icelandic economic policy' proof yet?

Of course not - and you'll no doubt slink off yet again...

Sponsored Links
I guess then that you don't rate the countless numbers of surgical/treatment advances devised within the NHS that have saved millions of lives as innovative? :rolleyes:
(but then I guess you only measure 'profit' on a monetary spreadsheet as opposed to the human 'profit'/gain?)

And I suppose that the tens of millions that the NHS is investing in a 'National artificial intelligence lab' boosting medical research is a figment of the imagination?
("In the first instance it should help personalise NHS screening and treatments for cancer, eye disease and a range of other conditions, as well as freeing up staff time, and our new NHS AI Lab will ensure the benefits of NHS data and innovation are fully harnessed for patients in this country.")

Oh, 'tis so easy to best the 'great' notchy :LOL:

Btw, have you come up with a reply to the 'successful Icelandic economic policy' proof yet?

Of course not - and you'll no doubt slink off yet again...

Bless, Ellal thinks taking a few minor esoteric projects the NHS has done as proof that somehow the state is great innovator.

I never said the state cant innovate, what I said was that the free market is needed to drive constant innovation by allowing people to achieve their ambitions.

Poor old Ellal, still losing.

As for Iceland -yeah there is no equivalence.
Oh dear Ellal has lost another point.

Any more points you would to lose on? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bless, Ellal thinks taking a few minor esoteric projects the NHS has done as proof that somehow the state is great innovator.

I never said the state cant innovate, what I said was that the free market is needed to drive constant innovation by allowing people to achieve their ambitions.

Poor old Ellal, still losing.

Any more points you would to lose on? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Publicly funded research has led to major discoveries, it makes sense for the public to fund basic research which then private companies then bring to market. This works as long as the government collects enough tax and is the most efficient way to Lower the cost of innovation.

Would we have the internet as we have now if it wasnt funded by the Public purse?

As to the NHS it funds innovation and is always looking to improve the service.
https://nhsaccelerator.com/

NHS innovations are in service provision, how they did trials of statins in the 1980s.

You cannot think in a narrow definition of innovation thats focused on products.

If this was a sport, the ref would have called the game off long ago...

In order to save notchy further embarrassment for losing so heavily!

But whilst we're on that losing subject...

I do believe notchy poo pooed the idea of the first quarter growth figure being a brexit stockpiling blip which might then lead to negative growth...

Well what do you know - we now have negative growth!

Poor old notchy

Even mystic meg got it right once in a blue moon :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back