1 3/4" thread.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Does anyone know where I could buy a fitting with a male one and three quarter inch thread that will reduce in to something more regular?
Google search doesn't work as it gives me 1" and 3/4" results!

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dan, but it's a male thread I need. It is a female thread that I want to connect to...

If you don't mind me asking :-
How have you established it's a 1.75" thread
Is the socket that you are fitting into parallel or taper
Is it "brass" or "iron"
Do you want a brass or iron adapter
What is "something more regular"

Sponsored Links
I measured it. Also it is described as that size in literature.

It is steel.

Wanted to fit a tapping or 2 onto a direct Megaflo....

The usual way that I would have dealt with that would be a 2" to 1 3/4 bush as 2" fittings are pretty standard.

In theory I might well have some.

But finding anything is always a pain.

Tony

A 1.75" bird in the hand is better than 2"bush..!

No doubt you have some kind of "shed" where such obscure fittings are comfortably nestling...somewhere..!

Sheds I suppose.

But not well organised.

I am not sure they are very obscure.

Would expect those who do commercial use them all the time!

If you need to search for something like 1¾ use the ALT button hold it down and type 0188 for ¼ 0189 for ½ or 0190 for ¾.
Check you num lock is not stopping you from typing numbers. Lots of options like 13 ♪ 14 ♫ 5 ♣.
I think it possibly only works on keyboards with a separate number pad on the right.

Oops?

Have you just measured the threads?

BSP pipes are called according to the INSIDE diameter of the pipes. I suspect you are dealing with a 1.5" male iron.

Crane apparently still make maleable iron fittings.

https://www.pipestock.com/malleable...ings/black-iron-pipe-fittings/reducing-socket

My Father worked at Crane as a graduate trainee in their drawing office for a couple of years. He took me round the foundry when I was about 12. First time I realised molten brass was green!

Is the literature British, American, European or elsewhere.
Might sound a bit picky but thread form and pitch for the "same" size are different depending on where the equipment is from

It's the Megaflo immersion thread. 1.75" says the maker, plus I compared with bsp size chart to nearest mm.

Arr canne be doing wi that foreign stuff! I gets me decimilating points all mixed up from time to time. Never mixed feet up with inches but measurements for a room expressed in a massive number of mm what's all that about? It be like 'aving to put 25 pesos in the slot of your shopping trolley!:D:D:D:D

Try asking Megaflow where you can get the fittings from!

After all they make it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back