3/4" bsp to 15mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have just bought a new shower and found that the connection to the shower valve is 3/4 inch bsp. I am running the shower off a combi boiler on 15mm pipe. I cannot find a 15mm to 1/3 inch bsp adaptor anywhere. I have searched on the net but can only find 1/2 inch to 15mm or 3/4 inch to 22 mm . I do not want to start using reducers and 22mm pipe. I just want a nice straight forward 3/4 inch bsp to 15mm adaptor.

Can anyone help??? :eek:

Sponsored Links
many thnaks I will take the shower valve down to plumbcentre in the morning.

cheers

I have bought some 3/4inch to 15mm compression adaptors but the 3/4 inch male threaded end seems to be a little loose when i connect it to the shower valve. I have put plenty of ptfe tape on but I am sure it is not the correct fitting. What does BSP stand for. The adaptors I have bought do not mention BSP so think I may have the wrong ones.

Sponsored Links
I have bought some 3/4inch to 15mm compression adaptors but the 3/4 inch male threaded end seems to be a little loose when i connect it to the shower valve. I have put plenty of ptfe tape on but I am sure it is not the correct fitting.

Alot of people seem to keep saying this, I very rarely do showers but maybe one of the others on here may be able to educate the OP and myself.

Is this normally a problem that you get with these (because i've never come across it) or is it, as i am suspecting, that it is a problem with some cheaper showers etc that can be bought via ebay etc and the machining isn't great on them?

I have bought some 3/4inch to 15mm compression adaptors but the 3/4 inch male threaded end seems to be a little loose when i connect it to the shower valve. I have put plenty of ptfe tape on but I am sure it is not the correct fitting.

Alot of people seem to keep saying this, I very rarely do showers but maybe one of the others on here may be able to educate the OP and myself.

Is this normally a problem that you get with these (because i've never come across it) or is it, as i am suspecting, that it is a problem with some cheaper showers etc that can be bought via ebay etc and the machining isn't great on them?

Correct - these do feel a bit loose, worryingly so given that they are likely to be embedded in walls without subsequent access. Just have to keep on with PTFE - not had one leak yet.

You'll also find some bsp male threads are tapered (bspt) and some not.
If the seal is being made by the thread itself then tapered is best, if seal is made by end face and washer then parrellel is needed.

Thanks for the responses. So swidders, are you saying that I have the right adaptor but need to use more Tape to seal the thread?

I want to plumb it in tomorrow.

cheers

Thanks for the responses. So swidders, are you saying that I have the right adaptor but need to use more Tape to seal the thread?

I want to plumb it in tomorrow.

cheers

Yep. Like i said, it won't feel right but will work

Cheers Guys,

I have now plumbed it all in and there are no leaks.
I bought the shower from Bath Store. The problem I have now is setting the thermostat. I have set it at the hottest point but when you switch between max (hot) and max (cold) the temp hardly moves. The only way around this is to set the thermostat at temp that I always take a shower. My last shower was a swaddling and the range was fantastic from Max(hot) to Max (cold). Moral of the story is if you pay peanuts you get rubbish.

Marlb

I have set it at the hottest point but when you switch between max (hot) and max (cold) the temp hardly moves.

Marlb

What happens if you set it some way down from maximum? Do you get a variation in temperature then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back